• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
______________________Bravo___________________

Cancelo________Eric Garcia_____Otamendi_____Angelino

_____________________Zinchenko____________________

___________Gundogan____________Bernabe__________

Sterling_____________Jesus_________________Foden

Pep doesn't do weak Carabao cup teams, last season we were all expecting several changes for the early rounds, but he went very strong. I'd expect something like: Bravo, Cancelo, Zinchenko, Garcia, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, B.Silva, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus.

Subs: Ederson, Walker, Fernandinho, Rodri, D.Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero.

I’d take the risk and pair Garcia and Harwood-Bellis together. I’m not having one of Otamendi or Fernandinho get injured. They are both old and should be looked after.

Bravo
Angelino
Garcia
Harwood-Bellis
Cancelo
Gundogan
Foden
Bernardo
Sterling
Mahrez
Jesus

Otamendi, Fernandinho, KDB, Rodri, Aguero and Sterling should be no where near Deepdale.

Call me spoilt but I don’t care about this competition. It’s a nice day out in February but the league is the priority every season.

Bravo

Cancelo
Harwood-Bellis
Garcia
Angelino

Gundogan
Foden
Zinchenko

Mahrez
Jesus
Braaf (or another academy forward)

Otamendi, Fernandinho, KDB, Rodri, Aguero and Sterling should be no where near Deepdale.

Call me spoilt but I don’t care about this competition. It’s a nice day out in February but the league is the priority every season.

Bravo

Cancelo
Harwood-Bellis
Garcia
Angelino

Gundogan
Foden
Zinchenko

Mahrez
Jesus
Braaf (or another academy forward)
I understand your selection but I think Sterling is playing simply because I don't see him NOT playing 2 games in a row.

Yes the cup games are not as important but Everton is 4 days after so if he were to start that should be enough rest.
I think Pep should play the same team that thrashed Watford today, against Everton and the forwards should all take a break vs Preston, so I'm thinking 352:

Bravo

Cancelo
Garcia
Otamendi <------------ Harwood-Bellis is suspended from his EDS game so I think not eligible
Dinho
Angelino/Mendy <----- give 45 minutes each again

Foden
Zinchenko
Gundogan <------- same as your midfield with Zin and Gundogan deeper and Foden in Silva's more advanced role

Jesus
Sterling

I want to see this the wingbacks going rampant in this formation, I don't think Pep will play this way, but I'd like to see Angelino/Mendy/Cancelo with more freedom in a game like this.

Got to rest Otamendi for this one. I would play Walker with Garcia and just plan on scoring more than we concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.