#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a nothing article which doesn’t actually give any reasons as to why he shouldn’t go on loan, other than him training with Guardiola.

Does he have to go on loan or not is up to debate, but at least is not the one which main purpose is to inflict problems like all others are.

Correct - and totally obvious if you think about it. Phil is happy here and just because he is not on the injury list does not mean he is fit to play. Too much is made in the media of his absence - just be patient Blues, businesses do not piss about with multi-million pound assets. If he was my lad, then I could not think of anyone better than Pep (and City) to guide his development.

I could tbh, which is what worries me.

But Foden is a City lad, so he will give it his best shot rather than leaving early. It's any others who aren't City lads, that give me the most concern.

But getting Garcia on the pitch today was a big moment & hopefully we will continue doing that kind of thing with all the best lads during the course of the season, to give them all an impression that they can make it at City, if they are good enough.

I'll be concerned of he doesn't play at Preston. Presumably he was rested today because he is down to start at Preston?

So if Foden goes out on loan where is he going to go ? Everybody gobs off about game time, get games under his belt he will learn a lot where tho ? No team will be able to give him the day to day contact of the calibre of players we have,by letting him go on loan we could actually hold back his progress , Foden is being brought up to play in the way city need him for the future, not to give the likes of Burnley etc the chance to undo all the good work that city and pep have put into him getting him ready for what City need him to be .

So if Foden goes out on loan where is he going to go ? Everybody gobs off about game time, get games under his belt he will learn a lot where tho ? No team will be able to give him the day to day contact of the calibre of players we have,by letting him go on loan we could actually hold back his progress , Foden is being brought up to play in the way city need him for the future, not to give the likes of Burnley etc the chance to undo all the good work that city and pep have put into him getting him ready for what City need him to be .

So why send anyone on loan then? Surely the likes of Adarabioyo, Roberts, Aleix Garcia, Harrison and Nmecha would be better just staying and training with our first team?

The idea that Foden is going to become a worse player by going to another Premier League club and playing regular football for 6 months is just utter nonsense. Foden would learn far more playing 20 full league games than he would just training with us and occasionally coming on as a sub when we’re 3-0 up.

So why send anyone on loan then? Surely the likes of Adarabioyo, Roberts, Aleix Garcia, Harrison and Nmecha would be better just staying and training with our first team?

The idea that Foden is going to become a worse player by going to another Premier League club and playing regular football for 6 months is just utter nonsense. Foden would learn far more playing 20 full league games than he would just training with us and occasionally coming on as a sub when we’re 3-0 up.

Presuming that he would be selected week in, week out at another premier league club.

I expect he'll do much more this season than just train and come on as an occasional sub when we're 3-0 up.

Starting hopefully with 90 minutes midweek.

I think you answered your own question there.

Not one of those players you named will ever play in our first team and I had high hopes for this Garcia in the deep-lying PM spot, stay and train and play practice matches with genuine world class players playing football or go on loan to a club playing a style of football they are never likely to play for us isn't preparing them for a City career, a football career elsewhere maybe but not at City, some of our loaning out has been horrendous, even Zinchenko's was a failure and see the difference in him now playing with quality players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.