#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cobra where would you loan him ? If he had played in the Newcastle v Brighton game on loan to one of those teams what would he have possibly learnt yesterday ? A couple of gambling tips from the pikey Geordie striker, or where the best drinking clubs are in Newcastle or the elephant Man could give him dietary tips that work so well for him ! What top clubs need is a satellite club in the lower Leagues that they have control over able to give players the mythical game time that they can't get at the moment, but the prem or the fa won't allow it .my point is it's madness to send a talent line Foden out to get game time when you then have less control over there training and development.

I think you answered your own question there.

Not one of those players you named will ever play in our first team and I had high hopes for this Garcia in the deep-lying PM spot, stay and train and play practice matches with genuine world class players playing football or go on loan to a club playing a style of football they are never likely to play for us isn't preparing them for a City career, a football career elsewhere maybe but not at City, some of our loaning out has been horrendous, even Zinchenko's was a failure and see the difference in him now playing with quality players.

I think loans are massively beneficial if the player plays regularly (and unfortunately the likes of Muric, Smith, Roberts and Adarabioyo aren’t at the moment), but I was answering a poster who suggested that Foden’s development would be held back by going on loan. If that is the case then it would also apply to every other player we sent on loan, making the whole process a complete waste of time.

So Cobra where would you loan him ? If he had played in the Newcastle v Brighton game on loan to one of those teams what would he have possibly learnt yesterday ? A couple of gambling tips from the pikey Geordie striker, or where the best drinking clubs are in Newcastle or the elephant Man could give him dietary tips that work so well for him ! What top clubs need is a satellite club in the lower Leagues that they have control over able to give players the mythical game time that they can't get at the moment, but the prem or the fa won't allow it .my point is it's madness to send a talent line Foden out to get game time when you then have less control over there training and development.

I wouldn’t want him at Newcastle, but I think Brighton try to play good football (Graham Potter’s Swansea side were brilliant against us last season), or a team like Wolves or Bournemouth. There’s also the option of going abroad, although he might not want to with his family situation.

Cobra so he goes to a Swansea or a wolves or Eddie Howes retirement home in Bournemouth what is he going to learn there? He is not mixing everyday with the kdbs, the Bernie's , David Silva picking up their knowledge there ideas their way of doing things all closely monitored by pep and his team . With other players I understand sending them on loan it's away of getting them in the shop window to raise funds. The academy is there to produce players for revenue gain, but not Foden he is being groomed to play a specific role for city in the future he is not in the shop window to be sold he is being moulded into a specific role for city .

If he goes elsewhere my fear is he will be run into the ground the total opposite to what we’re trying to avoid. This is why I think he will remain here and be introduced gradually. We have a lot of football this year and I think he will play more than last year. Be patient everyone.

We are all making the assumption that going on loan would be better for his development because we all assume that playing regularly for a team with decent players will be better than playing irregularly here but we don't actually know that.

Besides who do we loan him to? The only club I'd feel like he's in good hands is Bournemouth under Howe. But he has a baby, right? He doesn't want to move down there.

We are all making the assumption that going on loan would be better for his development because we all assume that playing regularly for a team with decent players will be better than playing irregularly here but we don't actually know that.

Besides who do we loan him to? The only club I'd feel like he's in good hands is Bournemouth under Howe. But he has a baby, right? He doesn't want to move down there.

Going to take a shot in the dark here and say playing is better than not playing when it comes to improving as a player.

Cobra so he goes to a Swansea or a wolves or Eddie Howes retirement home in Bournemouth what is he going to learn there?

I don’t know, maybe the same things David Silva learnt when he spent two years out on loan from Valencia? Or the same things De Bruyne learnt when he spent a year on loan at Werder Bremen?

I know where your coming from cobra, but we have the best manager arguably in world football and world class training facilities again what is Eddie howe gonna teach him ? I just don't see what sending him off to a lower standard of playing and training standards is going to teach him and how it will improve his game.

Going to take a shot in the dark here and say playing is better than not playing when it comes to improving as a player.

That's oversimplifying it. There are so many variables that impact whether a loan is a positive experience for a player. Is it the right team? The right manager? Will he be picked? Will he get to play in his natural position and role? Is the style the same? Are the players around him good enough? Do they trust him? Will the club drop him if he plays badly? Is there healthy competition for his place? Does he like life in the new city? Do his family like it? Is he getting injury problems? Is the coaching good enough?

He could actually go to Norwich or Swansea and play every game but that doesn't guarantee he'll improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.