Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFe6dc4XUAA9Kxd
I'm deeply offended by that dipper player wearing a black face mask.

The top two stories were when they knew Sterling would not sign his contract.

The other two stories are from the Mail, a collective bunch who also happen to be thunder**** racists.

So help me understand, is the issue for a lot of people in this thread that people get offended in general? Or that people are offended specifically by this kind of thing?

The cartoon Bernardo used stems from a racist stereotype. It’s a simple as that. Whether Mendy is offended or not doesn’t change that fact. This also isn’t the first Bernardo has been suspect with his behaviour when you look at that Instagram video floating about where Mendy is wearing a black shirt and short and Bernardo says he is completely naked, implying that Mendy is pitch black.

Now I don’t think either Bernardo or Pep are racists, but they have shown a serious lack of awareness in this situation and should both go on whatever racial awareness course the FA have in mind.

FFS, a new low even for this thread...

You want Pep to go on a racial awareness course??? Pathetic.

The cartoon Bernardo used stems from a racist stereotype. It’s a simple as that. Whether Mendy is offended or not doesn’t change that fact. This also isn’t the first Bernardo has been suspect with his behaviour when you look at that Instagram video floating about where Mendy is wearing a black shirt and short and Bernardo says he is completely naked, implying that Mendy is pitch black.

Now I don’t think either Bernardo or Pep are racists, but they have shown a serious lack of awareness in this situation and should both go on whatever racial awareness course the FA have in mind.
Totally disagree.
Th only failing was the medium used to convey the message. I bet there are millions of similar exchanges between friends of mixed races not posted on a public platform for all to see. Should all those be rounded up, deemed racist/offensive and subsequently sent on an awareness course or should they be allowed to enjoy the banter they regularly share and obviously enjoy? Life is too short and I know which I prefer.

Those offended should make themselves known as I cannot for one second see it being remotely racist .fucking people have nothing better to do than take offence to things that have no relevance to them.once they come forward they can then rightly be ridiculed for being the pathetic snowflakes that they are.its a good job shouty man is off the radio at the moment as he'd be calling for the death penalty

Its now reaching a point whereby no matter what is said, someone will be offended

5KYmteN.jpg

This from a few years ago. If you read a little bit about the character tin tin he's portrayed as a fascist and a racist in some of his adventures.
Does this have racist overtones? Is it implying Kdb Is a racist and a fascist?

I'd be interested to hear the answer to that.

Could a white person compare a black person with anyone or anything that wouldn't have generated offence amongst a group of people?

Compare a black person to a cartoon with a near-exact white equivalent = offensive because the previous cartoon character was a stereotype.

Compare a black person to another black person = offensive because you're saying they all look alike.

Don't compare a black person with anything = offensive because you're leaving the black guy out.

Fucking hell.

shreks-that-look-like-rooney-05-1.jpg

can we now just put this in the media as a racist post

Has anybody ask the company who makes these chocolates why are they still using this character as a logo , just to piss even more people of we should sell them at the city store!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.