Is Manchester airport the worst in Europe?

I love airports .. I love everything about them. The only one to test our mettle is Diabolical also known as Dabolin where the colonial chaps stamp your passport four times then move you on to the next smart chap with handlebared mousetache who examines and stamps again and then it's rinse repeat for the next 5 officials. However the colours smell and ambience outside the terminal are second to none.
I like airports on the way out, not so much coming back. Changi is my favourite, schipol is pretty good too. Domestically Edinburgh is good and I like London City. Worst airports, don’t like Leeds Bradford because it’s always bloody windy and Berlin Teiglin is a shithole.

Went through T2 last week and it was OK - about as OK as you’ll get in Manchester Airport anyway...

I get access to the “priority” security lane but it’s easier not to bother and just go through normal security so you don’t end up behind loads of kids, push chairs and stressed out parents.

Using the gates at the end of the new pier is a bit daft and I had to walk a very, very long way for my gate. It delayed the flight too as 200 people had to walk such a long way.

The Escape Plus lounge is crap, and so’s the Spinning Jenny pub where the food’s always cold and the queue 10 miles long.

Manchester Airport is a shit hole full of people in white shell suits and new trainers with horrible badly behaved kids called Destiny and Drake.

And tattooed from the ankle up, chains around their neck, nicotine up to the elbows and talking so loud it interferes with radar. Don't get me wrong, the men are just as bad.

Manchester Airport is a shit hole full of people in white shell suits and new trainers with horrible badly behaved kids called Destiny and Drake.
Are you just having a moan cos your Mrs has given you a slap with her bingo wing pal?

Right, time I picked Destiny and Drake up from their mum's. Now where did I put mi fuckin' shellsuit ? ; )

In the political section of Off topic we have a fair few posters who state that this, that and the other should be returned to state control, buses, trains etc. Manchester airport is owned and run by the councils of Greater Manchester so effectively state run. It is awful, the passport section is a joke, security staff are rude and a joke. Terminal 3 has to be the smallest terminal in the world for a so called major airport and the transport issues are a disgrace. If this is what state control means I am glad buses and trains are not owned by Gtr M/cr councils as they would stop running tomorrow.

I like airports on the way out, not so much coming back. Changi is my favourite, schipol is pretty good too. Domestically Edinburgh is good and I like London City. Worst airports, don’t like Leeds Bradford because it’s always bloody windy and Berlin Teiglin is a shithole.
Agree about Changi, came through it Thursday as as per the rest of Singapore clean and efficient. Unlike T3 at Manchester which is dreadful.. Filipino and Malpensa tired, but I reckon Charles De Gaulle just pips T3 MAN.

In the political section of Off topic we have a fair few posters who state that this, that and the other should be returned to state control, buses, trains etc. Manchester airport is owned and run by the councils of Greater Manchester so effectively state run. It is awful, the passport section is a joke, security staff are rude and a joke. Terminal 3 has to be the smallest terminal in the world for a so called major airport and the transport issues are a disgrace. If this is what state control means I am glad buses and trains are not owned by Gtr M/cr councils as they would stop running tomorrow.

I don’t want to get into a long winded political argument in here, I just want to say that you should see the state of Manchester Piccadilly and the trains I have to endure going to and from Piccadilly.

Never on time, always 40 year old trains, never get a seat, ever.

This is obviously not public owned.

I don’t want to get into a long winded political argument in here, I just want to say that you should see the state of Manchester Piccadilly and the trains I have to endure going to and from Piccadilly.

Never on time, always 40 year old trains, never get a seat, ever.

This is obviously not public owned.

I agree, I don't want to derail the thread with politics, I just find Manchester airport the worst in this country. I have travelled through, Liverpool, Birmingham, East Mids, Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow, Norwich and no doubt a few more. Manchester really is the pits but at the same time the councils are raking it in, from the 'speedy security' that relies on queues so people pay the £5 to the disgraceful parking charges, the crap shops/bars-everything. it is the Manchester United of airports.

I agree, I don't want to derail the thread with politics, I just find Manchester airport the worst in this country. I have travelled through, Liverpool, Birmingham, East Mids, Luton, Gatwick, Heathrow, Norwich and no doubt a few more. Manchester really is the pits but at the same time the councils are raking it in, from the 'speedy security' that relies on queues so people pay the £5 to the disgraceful parking charges, the crap shops/bars-everything. it is the Manchester United of airports.

Two things-

1) nice pun

2) fuck the Rags

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.