Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anichebe refered to Coleman as an ‘angry Irishman’, is he implying that Coleman is angry because he’s Irish and that all Irish men are angry? I don’t really care either way, just wonder if this shows the double standards that people are judged by?
I guess an angry Nigerian would be used in the same context...

Anichebe refered to Coleman as an ‘angry Irishman’, is he implying that Coleman is angry because he’s Irish and that all Irish men are angry? I don’t really care either way, just wonder if this shows the double standards that people are judged by?

spot on matey, nobody is saying anything about that, even if it was a joke the same rules should apply ?? the world gone mad and manchester city are to blame

Pep should have just said; "Bernado regrets his actions as its caused animosity by displaying them to the world. He is friends with Mendy and it was a joke between friends and it should have been kept private" or something similar

Pep should have just said; "Bernado regrets his actions as its caused animosity by displaying them to the world. He is friends with Mendy and it was a joke between friends and it should have been kept private" or something similar
Pep should have told Sky to fuck off

sterling7 on @BernardoCSilva tweet: "It’s a situation no one needs. It’s a situation between two friends, Bernardo and Mendy. I can see how some people can get touchy feely on it. I feel in that situation, Bernardo made a joke to his friend..."

"He’s not referred to his skin colour or lips. They’ve both got small heads. The most important thing he hasn’t referred to a colour. Everyone can see Mendy is a black lad, you’ve got to be proud to be black as well..."

"If someone refers to our skin colour with an image, you can’t be upset about it. We know what colour we are. It’s really sad to see someone like Bernardo be down all week about it, when it’s not inclined in that way..."

"I can understand where the criticism has come but it was no way intentional, not because they’re my teammates, it’s the way I feel. Bernardo is deeply sorry and not in the wrong for me..."

@sterling7 on how the club have handled the Bernardo Silva situation: "The club, as I always believe, would handle the situation right. The sooner the FA understand this was no way intentional or discrimination [the better]. He tried to make a joke..."

We keep getting drawn in to this. What the fuck do we pay our comms department and press office for. Raheem getting blindsided was way out of order. We are a world power in Football we really need to start acting like we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.