Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not one person in the media seems to give a fuck what effect this could have on Bernardos mental health. People have offed themselves for alot less.
Do they ever? If the club can support Sterling through the S..t he gets I am sure they will get Bernado through this,although i must say he was a silly lad.

Sky have a new programme per Monday Night Football - SSN Socail - inviting questions to their pundits - we need to bomabard Carragher with questions about support of Suarez the convicted Racist etc.

You won't see it so you don't/ won't know; it would have been important to mention things as I said so that the Black people that WERE offended were NOT as offended as they could have been.

It wouldn't change things for everyone, BUT it would've saved people like me being less disappointed in people like Mendy and Bernardo, for that matter, for playing things out in the open.
Again,the joke was not about his skin colour,if they start talking about skin colour it will make the situation worse,if people are offended then they are,no matter what they say they are not going to be less offended,

It's ironic that a City player is accused of being a racist, when Manchester City have suffered institutional racism, ad nauseum, from the FA, UEFA and Fifa, as well as the mainstream media, because of the nationality of the owner.

Players will stop coming to England to play. The wages are good, but fuck me, the media can play the sword of Damocles with your career, if they can get a narrative and force an agenda

I haven't watch that, but it similar to what I was saying earlier that Mendy should have qualified this nonsense by stating he was proud of being dark skinned, but nonintervention carried this further than it should have.
Raheem spoke well, was eloquent and balanced. Didn't run away from the fact that this was a misjudgement on Bernardo's part - albeit an innocent misjudgement. However, every journo is loving it - taking the moral high ground with a list of probing questions. This is everything they dreamed of and more.

Why are people bringing politics into this? There will be people on the right who think what Bernardo posted was wrong, and people on the left who think there was nothing wrong with it.

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.