Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between friends who know it's just a joke it's fine for me, but posting it publicly leaves it open to misinterpretation so he's been naive there. A lot of people aren't willing or sensitive enough to understand the difference, racist trolls and social justice warriors alike. And then it becomes a vicious, self feeding cycle.

I expect him to get a slap on the wrist and keep those messages private in future.

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.

When it comes to the media, we are extremely naive it's unbelievable. They don't have your best intentions at heart, they want to trip you up and use it for more clicks and discussion topics.

If a mate tells me a joke about Jews that I don’t find anti Semitic then it’s not for someone else to tell me it isn’t. Same in this case. End of discussion. The media are driving this and trying to destabilise both the club and Bernardo. The club should start banning journalists and start refusing to answer leading questions.

WTAF???

Your 'mate' would be telling you face to face, i.e, privately.

If he said the same thing on a world wide megaphone, do you think everyone would be cool with the same 'joke'??

Use your fookin' brain!!

Sky are determined to keep this story going. Why in hell did City send Sterling out for the after match interview...the Sky people must have been salivating because they know Raheem's unique position on racism will give them loads of clicks. Do we have nobody giving advice at the club as to how to deal with the press...they seem to be so dumb and naive as if they actually think that there is no press agenda against us. It would be very interesting to see what the media reaction would be if a Utd. or Liverpool player got involved in a similar situation.
Probably because they knew he would bat away the question and because of his history his reply won have credence to me they called Sky’s bluff Whereas Pep should have said I’m here to talk about the match this evening I’ve already addressed that in the past two press conferences

Why are people bringing politics into this? There will be people on the right who think what Bernardo posted was wrong, and people on the left who think there was nothing wrong with it.

Because the virtue signalling, hand wringing far left will look to cripple Bernardo, getting offended on behalf of a man who isn't offended. Basically taking his pride on being black away from him.

Before anyone criticises City maybe they should remind themselves what Liverpool did after the Suárez Evra incident. Was there a similar witch hunt criticising Liverpool after they all wore Suárez T shirts after what everyone agreed was disgusting racism from Suárez?

AND...

You have Kelly Dalgish lecturing from a lofty virtue signalling platform.

Now i’m not saying Sky shouldn’t talk about it...

BUT

Let’s not forget how her fucking father spoke publicly about the Suarez thing at the time! He was an utter dirty filth bag, so bad that Klanfield actually reined him in.

Someone ask her or them how they feel her dad dealt with it in his career and the recent past.

Hypocrisy.

There's nothing to absorb.

Bernardo is getting it fucking hard from the virtue signallers.

Has anyone complained about the logo itself? Have they fuck. They've got a target and they won't stop until they've ruined the man.

The far left. The most dangerous ****s there are

Well, if you don't want to understand, you won't, so let's leave it there.

Nice brief chat that it was.

If you've said ANYTHING 'intellectual' or understanding on the matter, we'd be good.

But you haven't and doubt you will.

As I say you are entitled to your opinion and I have no issue with that, and despite the insulting nature of your responses to my posts I will not be drawn into a personal slanging match with you. Indeed I would have been more than happy to debate any difference in opinion in a respectful if forthright manner.

I will however say that your claim of my having no understanding of the matter would seem to be someway wide of the mark given I am pretty confident that I have experienced prejudice and ill educated comment beyond anything you have and done so for several decades, and therefore am quite capable of commenting in an informed manner born from personal experience. Clearly my views on this incident are not at odds with many posters on this forum. Having now seen Raheem Sterlings take on the matter I am even more happy to further that claim. Does he now fall into the John Barnes category of some comic book traitor to the cause that you seem to imply?

Anyway feel free to put me on ignore if you dont like my views, again that is your right of choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.