Bernardo Silva tweet controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched city for 30 years plus. Seen so many great black players play for us in that time. Clive Wilson, yaya, Michah, Alex Williams who I consider a friend, Michah, Benjani, swp.

Genuinely not once in 1000 games have I seen one racist comment by a city fan to any single back player. Not once have I thought one single negative thought about a black player playing for us. There is literally no difference i see when seeing Martin petrov or swp running down the wing.

The fact that you now can’t have banter with a black friend or colleague About who they look like but you can say debrune looks like zinchebko is an insult to the fact that we are seen as totally equal. You can say I look like David Cameron. You can say Rooney looks like shrek but you can’t have any single comment about who a black man looks like!

Why not?!

The world has gone fuckihg mental.

The black community is so integrated at city over generations and we are as one. That is why this is so upsetting to the club and a marvelllous lad like Bernie to be labelled as racists. We genuinely are not a racist club in any way shape or form. Bernie lives his mate and would never dream of hurting him. It is banter! Men having a laugh.

A laugh because they trust and love each other.

Fucking fuming tonight.

Again,the joke was not about his skin colour,if they start talking about skin colour it will make the situation worse,if people are offended then they are,no matter what they say they are not going to be less offended,

Karen, the SECOND video is all in context about his skin colour.

I suggest you watch the other media offering from Bernardo.

If a mate tells me a joke about Jews that I don’t find anti Semitic then it’s not for someone else to tell me it isn’t. Same in this case. End of discussion. The media are driving this and trying to destabilise both the club and Bernardo. The club should start banning journalists and start refusing to answer leading questions.

The news used to be on 2 or 3 times a day and reported as such. Now we have Sky News, Sky Sports News, BBC News 24 who do nothing more than spout opinions

Often the oracle of news (Talksport) lead their top of the hour news with one of their own pundits opinions, why is opinion news?

As has been stated regularly tell a lie, distort the truth and often enough its becomes the truth. think in the 30's when the Nazi's did it it was called propoganda

Sorry been drinking today and might not make sense, but saw Raheem's and Pep's interviews and was disillusioned with the questions from Sky

Hate racism with a passion. But what is it when you are being hunted down for comparing your friend to a cartoon character.
If for argument sake a black player compared a white player to a cartoon character would that be racist if the situation was exactly the same.
I was involved with youth football and one day a black player came to training with a Danny Welbeck replica hairdo, I said “ hey can I have your autograph Danny” to which another one of the players said I was being racist!
I was gutted that anyone would think that was a racist comment.

Karen, the SECOND video is all in context about his skin colour.

I suggest you watch the other media offering from Bernardo.

And if a white man wore a white t shirt and white trousers you could say are you naked? Exactly the same?

It's ironic that a City player is accused of being a racist, when Manchester City have suffered institutional racism, ad nauseum, from the FA, UEFA and Fifa, as well as the mainstream media, because of the nationality of the owner.

Players will stop coming to England to play. The wages are good, but fuck me, the media can play the sword of Damocles with your career, if they can get a narrative and force an agenda

That's being silly.

You teach new players from countries not up to the current racial learning about what is acceptable or not in this country OR about the privacy setting on their social media.

Job done.

I have watched city for 30 years plus. Seen so many great black players play for us in that time. Clive Wilson, yaya, Michah, Alex Williams who I consider a friend, Michah, Benjani, swp.

Genuinely not once in 1000 games have I seen one racist comment by a city fan to any single back player. Not once have I thought one single negative thought about a black player playing for us. There is literally no difference i see when seeing Martin petrov or swp running down the wing.

The fact that you now can’t have banter with a black friend or colleague About who they look like but you can say debrune looks like zinchebko is an insult to the fact that we are seen as totally equal. You can say I look like David Cameron. You can say Rooney looks like shrek but you can’t have any single comment about who a black man looks like!

Why not?!

The world has gone fuckihg mental.

The black community is so integrated at city over generations and we are as one. That is why this is so upsetting to the club and a marvelllous lad lie Bernie to be labelled as racists. We genuinely are not a racist club in any way shape or form.
You and others are continually missing the point. It’s no wonder this thread is six million pages long. People have taken offence specifically because of the cartoon character Bernardo chose and the history behind it. He didn’t compare Mendy to Carl from The Simpsons

Anichebe saying its a joke how City have handled it and he doesn't think you should do this
Nobodies said it was a good idea,or even funny
Bernardos apologised,Pep said you should address these sort of issues everyday
Anichebe just said City have said you should focus on other things,not true at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.