Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Apart from already being a coach of the best team in the world I'm not sure.
Telling the team exactly what Pep tells him to tell them doesn’t show that he’s got any credentials to take the role on himself for when Pep isn’t telling him exactly what to do.

Surely you’ve heard of him? He played for Rangers the last time they were good, played in some really good Arsenal and Barcelona sides, winning the Prem/FAC/LaLiga/CDR/CL with them, and was left back for Holland for years.

Yes looking at his name again I do. It was seeing his first name there threw me, if I just see his surname I do.

Telling the team exactly what Pep tells him to tell them doesn’t show that he’s got any credentials to take the role on himself for when Pep isn’t telling him exactly what to do.

If that's the case then fair enough but in truth the only people who know the importance of Arteta are Pep's inner circle and the players themselves.

I'm sure Txikki, Ferran and Khaldoon will do due diligence on Arteta. If they think he's up to it then I'll happily support the decision. Txikki and Ferran once supported the promotion of a Barcelona B coach over one of the best managers in Europe, to huge success. I have the utmost confidence in them to get this right.

If that's the case then fair enough but in truth the only people who know the importance of Arteta are Pep's inner circle and the players themselves.

I'm sure Txikki, Ferran and Khaldoon will do due diligence on Arteta. If they think he's up to it then I'll happily support the decision. Txikki and Ferran once supported the promotion of a Barcelona B coach over one of the best managers in Europe, to huge success. I have the utmost confidence in them to get this right.
Indeed, but Pep had coached Barça B to promotion and everyone was raving about how good the team were.

I’d be shitting myself if Arteta just straight took over from Pep with absolutely no sole coaching experience at all.

But it did work out for Villanova whose only coaching role was to get a Spanish third division team relegated to the Catalan leagues and was Pep’s #2. So I suppose it can work as he did win a La Liga title as Barça coach and I think they scored the European record for goals in a season under him as well.

I imagine Arteta has learned a hell of a lot from Pep & clearly has his own ideas, as he & Pep are discussing a lot of stuff constantly during games. The question would be, whether he has the personality to work his 'magic' on the players.

Re Van Bronkhorst, I think we just like to have talented people involved with the CFG full stop.

Surely you’ve heard of him? He played for Rangers the last time they were good, played in some really good Arsenal and Barcelona sides, winning the Prem/FAC/LaLiga/CDR/CL with them, and was left back for Holland for years.
More to the point if @karen7 fancies him he's in.

0_Netherlands-Fortuna-Sittard-vs-Feyenoord.jpg

Will be fucking shit when Pep gets off.

There literally is no one better.

This will probably be an unpopular thing to say on here but for me, City should be balls deep in Rogers as the successor.

He’s annoying as fuck but he knows his stuff and his teams play exciting football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.