Wolves (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is that we play Gundogan and Merlin in midfield. We are far too slow when they are paired together. Play them together against a less technical and less physical team. If Mendy needs more minutes, he should start but CANNOT just continue to blast the ball into the box, his passing decisions haven’t been clever at times and had us caught out a couple of times. We can’t afford to do that in PL.
We WILL be seeing more teams defending like Zagreb now, knowing they can give us the space out wide as long as they PACK THE BOX with bodies. We MUST be putting the chances away v Wolves or they WILL catch us out. A few times yesterday we were caught on the counter, Wolves will punish us.
3-1 with Razz and Kun getting goals fingers crossed.

Would love to see Foden, he brings so much energy to the midfield.
He does, for relatively short spells. I don’t think he’s shown yet that he can do it for anything like 90 mins. Obviously it’s a chicken an egg situation, he needs more game time to build up his stamina.

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
Otamendi
Mendy
Rodri
David Silva
Bernardo Silva
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus

Mendy has looked very poor the games he has played. Poor passing giving teams a break against us - overhitting crosses - and risky defending.
Would not play him at the moment. Zinchenko or Angelino should be ahead of Mendy imo.

Can't see Mendy starting again Sunday after playing full game last night. It seemed to me like we made too many changes last night in the key areas(wide), we have built some really good connections Walker/Mahrez(or Bernardo)/KDB on right , Stirling/Zinchenko/David on left i know KDB is injured but should be as close to this as we can for big games and i see Sunday as another big game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.