Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd like to think that common sense will prevail. The FA probably feel they HAD to charge him to be seen doing the "right" thing. And then when he puts forward his defence they accept it was meant with no malice and just warn him not to do it again. Possibly wishful thinking though!

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I was pretty shocked when i saw what he put out. There is no malice or form here and he is a genuinely nice guy but I'm not sure how far that gets him. If Joey Barton put it out that would end his career. If some Rag player did it we would be expecting 6 week ban minimum. There will be some mitigation because of the friendship and this is Bantz gone wrong - if its just a fine he will be very lucky. The FA have a difficult call to make.

I don't think you can call 93:20's conversation about it "crucifying". It was a pretty fair conversation by City fans who love Bernardo and the club.

If you think they were out of order it probably says more about you to be honest.

I disagree, they basically say anybody who doesn’t understand the issue is racist, so that’s him, me, Stirling, Mendy & Barnes.

I think people just want a sense of proportionality. It’s not like Bernardo has murdered anyone.

Which I agree with, although I think the Terry incident is as good an example (4 game ban for that one).

But, seriously, having to read bullshit about how this is some sort of calculated move by the FA in order to prevent Bernardo from playing against Liverpool and all the other scouspiracy theories is just tedious.

Fifa? Cunnts
UEFA? Cunnts
Sky? Cunnts
BT Sports? Cunnts
BBC? Cunnts?
British written media? Cunnts
PGMOL? Cunnts
Premier League? Cunnts
FA? Cunnts

Manchester City? A well run football club who have been doing fantastic work in the local community for decades

Which of these 10 organisations do you think can hold its head high in terms of decency?

Gary Neville?
Glen Hoddle?
Martin Tyler?
Danny Mills?
Hugh Ferret?
Peter Walton?
Jamie Jackson?
Michael Owen?
David Gill?
Bernardo Silva?

9 of these 10 are also cunnts, and 1 a decent blond, any idea which?

City's new kit

ipNTb1x.png

Get a fucking grip, they'll be no 6 game ban or a ban at all imo, it'll be a slap on the wrist and a token fine.

They can't not investigate it or all hell would break lose. Do i think he did anything wrong? No but i can see why it looks bad.

Ok crucifying is strong word but not as bad as saying something is racist.
Bernardo will be forever called out as a racist by other fans after this , other fans are not interested in fair conversation , they will point out what our own podcasts said
you just wait , Our owner has been getting racism since 2008 do you think that Bernardo will be getting fair press after this ?

If he's not a twat this will fade into the distance soon enough. No one actually thinks he's racist and most of the responses to the idea of him potentially getting banned for 6 games is complete incredulity.

Suarez got hounded because he kept being a cúnt, Terry was a cúnt long before and after. If Bernardo just moves on, this will be like Lampard's 9/11 incident, swept under the rug and barely mentioned again.

It's important the club responds to this properly this time. Pep's last press conference only made things worse and prolonged the whole saga. Get it out of the way, move swiftly on. The panel adjudicating is going to be a bunch of 70 year old white men anyway, they're not going to come down on him that harshly.

It’s only my opinion but I think you’re very wrong in that ascertain. There’s a mountain of evidence of Liverpool and their owners/representatives being prime movers in the ratcheting up of complaints about City, FFP and a host of other things. J Henry is forever highlighting the fact that he hasn’t got ‘Sheik’ in front of his name. I’m fairly sure the animosity is reciprocated from City so what would they be saving it up for, particularly now the story has broken (even rabid dipper Tony Evans has reported it)?
Funnily enough, this might be similar to Bernado’s tweet, in that someone other than the recipient might ‘be offended’. There does seem to be a few other clubs who want this investigated (I’d love one of them to be Southampton...), and you’d imagine the FA would at least give it a cursory glance, if another club should ask them to.

I don't know why they aren't blowing this up, but I find the idea that the club & Manour's incredibly well paid and qualified lawyers would get tricked into signing an NDA for fucking £1m and now can't do anything very, very unlikely. There's just no way that's happened.

For a start, criminal actions can't be covered up by NDA's so it would be null and void anyway.

Which I agree with, although I think the Terry incident is as good an example (4 game ban for that one).

But, seriously, having to read bullshit about how this is some sort of calculated move by the FA in order to prevent Bernardo from playing against Liverpool and all the other scouspiracy theories is just tedious.

What are you on about mate, it's not like this ever happened - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30541432

I disagree, they basically say anybody who doesn’t understand the issue is racist, so that’s him, me, Stirling, Mendy & Barnes.

That's not what they said at all. And by the way, Sterling has already said he can see why people are offended, as has Pep. What they're arguing against is the idea that Bernardo is racist, not that the tweet was completely fine.

93:20 said similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.