Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what they said at all. And by the way, Sterling has already said he can see why people are offended, as has Pep. What they're arguing against is the idea that Bernardo is racist, not that the tweet was completely fine.

93:20 said similar.

They used your line, anybody who doesn’t get it, well it says more about them.

I’m sorry but I hate that as it shuts down discussion. I liked Sterling’s response where he said it’s about context & I really feel for Bernardo as he didn’t mean it, I can sort of see how people can read into it but that wasn’t the intention. Why can’t people see it for what it is, it’s clearly innocent, maybe misguided but Fck me.

I used to sit on my grandads laps watching Freddy Starr running around dressed as a Nazi & he’d be laughing as he knew the context was humour not that we were belittling him going to war & losing friends to Nazis.

If he's not a twat this will fade into the distance soon enough. No one actually thinks he's racist and most of the responses to the idea of him potentially getting banned for 6 games is complete incredulity.

Suarez got hounded because he kept being a cúnt, Terry was a cúnt long before and after. If Bernardo just moves on, this will be like Lampard's 9/11 incident, swept under the rug and barely mentioned again.

It's important the club responds to this properly this time. Pep's last press conference only made things worse and prolonged the whole saga. Get it out of the way, move swiftly on. The panel adjudicating is going to be a bunch of 70 year old white men anyway, they're not going to come down on him that harshly.

I dont think he is a twat, " No one actually thinks he's racist" well he has been charged so the FA sure do, I was talking to a Liverpool fan he sure did ,everybody that find the tweet racist are calling him a racist, if you send out racist tweet you are a racist. The question is was it racist or not ?

Not read all the thread but, as its getting near Christmas I hope City are monitoring players xmas cards. Don't want any snowmen on them.

They are not called snowmen any more as it offends feminists, they are snow person's, do keep up!

Dippers getting giddy again by celebrating others misfortune.
“Should Silva pick up a ban, it could deal a significant blow to City’s Premier League title chances, aiding Liverpool’s in the process.

The forward has been a magnificent performer for the reigning champions since joining from Monaco in 2017, combining quality and tenacity in equal measure.

With Kevin De Bruyne also potentially sidelined through injury, and Leroy Sane out for most of the season, City’s squad depth could be tested.

Silva may even miss the all-important meeting between Liverpool and City at Anfield on Sunday, November 10th.”

I dont think he is a twat, " No one actually thinks he's racist" well he has been charged so the FA sure do, I was talking to a Liverpool fan he sure did ,everybody that find the tweet racist are calling him a racist, if you send out racist tweet you are a racist. The question is was it racist or not ?

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows you can do something racially insensitive that might break an FA rule without being a racist or genuinely holding racist views.

I haven't seen anyone accuse him of doing anything other than stepping over the line of what's acceptable through ignorance, and if you're talking to Liverpool fans about it then you're looking for idiotic opinions.

That you can't see the difference between "he's done something racially insensitive" and "he's an out and out racist" might be why you think the podcast called everyone who disagreed with them racist.

He’s not going to be banned.

Looking at your username, well the first part, that gave me a chuckle.

He will, sky and the media will run such a campaign between now and the hearing I will be surprised if he doesn't end up in court in the Haig at the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.