Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as I saw that word I stopped reading. I wonder if the outrage aimed at Bernie would have been the same if he was playing for another English team.
It probably wouldn’t, and I believe the article goes on to suggest that to some extent, although does not explicitly say so, however I’m not influenced by the views of hysterical idiots when forming my own opinion on this or other matters.

Na, I don’t need to reflect or listen to a journalist who had an agenda. I know I’m not racist and neither is Bernie, the non black community is apologising on behalf of the non offended black people involved in this issue, in my opinion it’s ridiculous.

You've either not read or not understood the article. He literally says he doesn't think Bernardo is a racist.

I find it a bit of a joke that this has got as much if not more press coverage than some of the incidents where players have been racially abused on twitter recently.

What Bernado did was misjudged. The intention was not racist but given the obvious comparisons that could be drawn it should've been kept to a private chat between the two players.

Then you get players being racially abused (sometimes from their own fans) and you get a half arsed article which basically amounts to "isn't it bad, ah well".

I'm not sure where the disagreement comes from.

Posting your mate's photo next to some random black character to millions, who looks nothing like your mate, is pretty clear to me to be borderline or mildly racist. Benjamin Mendy does not bear any resemblance to that confectionary character, apart from both being black.

Check out this tweet from Mendy himself last year:

Now that to the eye is a close look alike of Mendy - not some random cartoon blob that Bernardo posted seemingly because it was native to him and happens to be black. That is the act that is unacceptable because it has historical meanings and connotations, racist ones, regardless of intent.

I suppose you're saying that if you think it looks like Mendy you are racist and perpetuating historical connotations now? Previously you stated that you didn't think Bernardo was being racist but subsequent posts suggest you do "is pretty clear to me to be borderline or mildly racist" - so what is he 10% 20% 60% racist?
You've decided to use the term "random cartoon blob" in an attempt to discredit anyone (even therefore Barnes and Sterling) thinking there may be some resemblance however slight, fair enough - would it be fair for me to say Danny Mills looks a lot like Morph? That's is what this is all about - Looking like - not racism. If you don't think it looks like him that's your valid interpretation but it isn't a race issue.

Imagine letting the BBC brandish someone a racist after posting this internship a few months ago
Iyh8Vo6_d.jpg

But this is where it all leads.

All are equal but some are more equal than others.

I feel sorry for Bernardo but he isn’t the first nor will he be the last who suffers through this.

Na, I don’t need to reflect or listen to a journalist who had an agenda. I know I’m not racist and neither is Bernie, the non black community is apologising on behalf of the non offended black people involved in this issue, in my opinion it’s ridiculous.

You might as well have stopped after ‘I don’t need to reflect or listen...’

A bit of reflection or listening never does any harm. You might even learn something.

I suppose you're saying that if you think it looks like Mendy you are racist and perpetuating historical connotations now? Previously you stated that you didn't think Bernardo was being racist but subsequent posts suggest you do "is pretty clear to me to be borderline or mildly racist" - so what is he 10% 20% 60% racist?
You've decided to use the term "random cartoon blob" in an attempt to discredit anyone (even therefore Barnes and Sterling) thinking there may be some resemblance however slight, fair enough - would it be fair for me to say Danny Mills looks a lot like Morph? That's is what this is all about - Looking like - not racism. If you don't think it looks like him that's your valid interpretation but it isn't a race issue.
Morph was green.

I find it a bit of a joke that this has got as much if not more press coverage than some of the incidents where players have been racially abused on twitter recently.

What Bernado did was misjudged. The intention was not racist but given the obvious comparisons that could be drawn it should've been kept to a private chat between the two players.

Then you get players being racially abused (sometimes from their own fans) and you get a half arsed article which basically amounts to "isn't it bad, ah well".
The reason this has got far more coverage than it needed to is that the club's handling of the situation has been inept, naive, stupid and as a result, counter productive

Not many people think bernardo is a racist nor were his actions necessarily racist

Society has focussed in recent times way too much on whether specific individual actions are racist. That is nigh on irrellevant. An action can be inappropriate and/or offensive without being racist

If the club & bernardo did what they should have done, which is to quickly explain that they understand why it was inappropriate and could be misconstrued, it would have nipped it in the bud

No right minded person thinks that bernardo and mendy enjoy anything other than a very close friendly relationship which included banter between the two of them. Those posts trying to work out who may have been offended, who has been offended, how intentional it was, etc have no bearing whatsoever on that fact you have to have been living in a cave, or deliberately obtuse, to not recognize that multiple incidents of banter that keep referencing skin colour, played out to a social media audience of millions, is asking for trouble

As a fan I hate to say this, but I'm afraid the club & bernardo only have themselves to blame if he gets a ban, given how shockingly badly they have dealt with the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.