Bernardo Silva charged with misconduct by FA

Status
Not open for further replies.
th

I am not offended by this so why are black people offended by the black character?

It looks a bit like Alan Shearer but I bet no one would moan if he was compared.

The thought police, the BBC, the FA , Kick it out and others are barking up the wrong tree here and should be looking where there is a problem.
Have you seen the advert for the sweets? No idea when its from but one watch of that and its understandable why black people would take offense to the product as a whole. To be fair, everyone should be pretty disgusted in an advert like that.

Have you seen the advert for the sweets? No idea when its from but one watch of that and its understandable why black people would take offense to the product as a whole. To be fair, everyone should be pretty disgusted in an advert like that.

Just how old is that advert, it looks like it was from the 80's, it will maybe rival um bongo and Kia Ora as adverts

ps oh and BS didn't compare him to anything in that video but a chocolate bar wrapper graphic that is still on sale and available for anybody to buy.

Just how old is that advert, it looks like it was from the 80's, it will maybe rival um bongo and Kia Ora as adverts

ps oh and BS didn't compare him to anything in that video but a chocolate bar wrapper graphic that is still on sale and available for anybody to buy.
Maybe people can dislike a product and its history and therefore dislike subsequent products. Kinda makes sense in my head at least.

th

I am not offended by this so why are black people offended by the black character?

It looks a bit like Alan Shearer but I bet no one would moan if he was compared.

The thought police, the BBC, the FA , Kick it out and others are barking up the wrong tree here and should be looking where there is a problem.

Because there is no history of non-white people using such caricatures of white people in order to humiliate and insult them, as part of a bigger systemic racism issue.

Seriously, if those of you who are "FREE SPEACH!" moaners bothered to listen just once and look into a topic past its surface level, you might be curious to find that there are deeper reasons and meaning to certain things.

Because there is no history of non-white people using such caricatures of white people in order to humiliate and insult them, as part of a bigger systemic racism issue.

Seriously, if those of you who are "FREE SPEACH!" moaners bothered to listen just once and look into a topic past its surface level, you might be curious to find that there are deeper reasons and meaning to certain things.
This sounds like a noble cause and I'm curious.

Who is this 'Speach' to whom you refer, and what do they need freeing from?

Maybe people can dislike a product and its history and therefore dislike subsequent products. Kinda makes sense in my head at least.

But the point was that advert has nothing to do with Bernardo's tweet, absolutely nothing at all.

The advert is as racist as hell that is for sure but still it has nothing to do with the tweet and comparison of a cartoon character to Mendy, I said right at the start it was a mistake to tweet it but it doesn't make him a racist and liable for punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.