The most mental pub in Manchester?

Neither of which are options for me. I don’t speak to people like that.

It’s dying now but there was a deep generational arrogance to Manchester which is now largely over considering the city hasn’t produced anything relevant in a decade. Culture, business etc.

I always found it a place of polar opposites. I knew some wonderful people who’d help you out. I also knew some utter cunts.
I think you'll find that in the last decade Manchester has produced the best football team in the world.

It’s dying now but there was a deep generational arrogance to Manchester which is now largely over considering the city hasn’t produced anything relevant in a decade. Culture, business etc.

I always found it a place of polar opposites. I knew some wonderful people who’d help you out. I also knew some utter cunts.

All places that have had a major docks tend to be like that e.g. Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle, Hull and of course Salford. Lots of people would give you their last penny but a minority would stab you in the back.

I’m not sure where you get the idea that nothing has been achieved in Manchester in the last decade. We haven’t done so bad and the expansion of building work, growing the City has been on a vast scale.

All places that have had a major docks tend to be like that e.g. Liverpool, Glasgow, Newcastle, Hull and of course Salford. Lots of people would give you their last penny but a minority would stab you in the back.

I’m not sure where you get the idea that nothing has been achieved in Manchester in the last decade. We haven’t done so bad and the expansion of building work, growing the City has been on a vast scale.
Don’t leave out Barrow mate, Friday night down on the docks was like going back to the Wild West at times, I survived 30 years of it.

It’s funny when you continue with this utter nonsense. You’ve been told about it numerous times and you’re quite clearly someone who doesn’t know.

Manchester hasn’t produced anything in terms of business in the last decade? @worsleyweb will confirm you’re very wide of the mark, as will I.

Manchester is the booming currently and has done for several years now. In fact, for a period of time recently it grew quicker than London.

Manchester is becoming a hub for fintech and other tech companies.

A large bank, a client of mine, are moving all their tech into the city and in their words see it now as the 2nd City.

The skyline has changed significantly in just the 4 years since I moved into the city centre.

Is it full of scrotes? Yes

Is it becoming and maybe already an economic powerhouse? Yes

I suggest you do a little reading before spouting off on a Manchester based forum... and before you say, I wasn’t born in Manchester, Stockport actually and I grew up in the High Peak. Manchester to me is just work, a piss up and gods own football club, I don’t care for it apart from that.

Manc Scallies from the late 90’s to early millennium really were a different breed. I find the city I went to university in a completely different experience from the one I now know. It’s certainly less intimidating as an outsider now it’s more diverse.

We’d get so much grief as students in Rusholme and Moss Side that we’d get the bus down to Fallowfield and drink there. You needed an NUS card to get in pubs so you’d feel safer. Add in shoulder length hair, baggy jeans and a “posh accent” and they’d use me as currency in The Claremont...

Though my user name is Ardwick Green Blue I was born in Moss Side (Sloan(e) Street) and only moved to Ardwick when I was 5. I can remember only two things from living in Moss Side..breaking my nose by falling on a pavement kerb (it's still bent) and students who had graduated from UoM coming down our street with graduation gowns & caps on. This was in the 50s, mind.

Last edited:
I feel I should give an honourable mention to the Wembley in Adswood.

Stockport area had a few worthy contenders, The Cheshire Cat in Brinny, The Stockport Arms was memorable infact the landlords son an ardent County fan would drink pints of other peoples piss just for laughs, as was Monroes round the corner. The Farmers in Poynton, The bamboo in the Grove (is it still going?) Never went in but I believe the Flat Cap in Hattersley was special and as Macc Blue has just reminded me the Oval in Macc could have given Manchesters finest a run for their money. The Kenilworth I think it was in Cheadle Hulme.....the list is endless really.

Though my user name is Ardwick Green Blue I was born in Moss Side (Sloan(e) Street) and only moved to Ardwick when I was 5. I can remember only two things from living in Moss Side..breaking my nose by falling on a pavement kerb (it's still bent) and students who had graduated from UoM coming down our street with graduation gowns & caps on. This was in the 50s, mind.
Fuck me that was a famous street back in the day and I'm from leve.

Stockport area had a few worthy contenders, The Cheshire Cat in Brinny, The Stockport Arms was memorable infact the landlords son an ardent County fan would drink pints of other peoples piss just for laughs, as was Monroes round the corner. The Farmers in Poynton, The bamboo in the Grove (is it still going?) Never went in but I believe the Flat Cap in Hattersley was special and as Macc Blue has just reminded me the Oval in Macc could have given Manchesters finest a run for their money. The Kenilworth I think it was in Cheadle Hulme.....the list is endless really.
The junction was always the err... lively one in Cheadle hulme back in the day, the boo and the woodsman in the grove were always fun :-) not sure I’ve ever drunk in the oval, can’t think of it, there was a pub on the western, the ivy ? That had a few nutters in it.

The junction was always the err... lively one in Cheadle hulme back in the day, the boo and the woodsman in the grove were always fun :-) not sure I’ve ever drunk in the oval, can’t think of it, there was a pub on the western, the ivy ? That had a few nutters in it.
Edit I’ve got to put in maters snooker club up the road from Stockport bus station for epic fights.

Was the junction the hydes place?

Could have been the Ivy Leaf...Macc blue will confirm that one.

The Oval was on Upton Priory mainly frequented by absolute loons, The Fiveways in the grove went under the radar but I got plied with Caffreys in there one night that there was a Karoake on, the result being I woke up with an absolute hippacrocapig in Offerton the morning after. Fucking horrible feeling banging head rough as a bears arse and thoroughly ashamed, never drunk the stuff again. Dreadful turn off events....that was after the City Newcastle Kinkladze masterclass game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.