Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

If we play like that against a team with a decent attack it will be carnage. I hate to even think about it but can you imagine Walker and Otamendi, playing like they did today, against Mane, Firmino and Salah.

If Wolves had taken all the chances handed to them on a plate we could have suffered our worst defeat in years.

He just doesn't seem to trust certain players:

Sane, Foden, Danilo.

And places way too much trust in others:

Gundogan, Walker, Stones.
Sane at times deserved not to be trusted last season.... He regularly came off the bench to win us games, then was rewarded with a start the following game and looked absolutely diabolical. It happened all throughout the second half of the season when we had the title on the line.

Danilo IMO stopped being trusted at left back after his mistake at Newcastle but I don't think his lack of minutes at RB were down to a lack of trust so much as Walker's pace just being too valuable to Pep.

Yes, Gundo was ineffective offensively but that's not even the whole quarter of the story, isn't it?

You’re right, and what this has in common with those days is that the back four is getting virtually no protection from the midfield. We are too easy to play through or over.
Yeah that's absolutely true.
Otamendi is not a defenders bollocks, but the number of times their forwards were running at our backs 2v2 with no midfield support was simply unforgivable. The problem starts in midfield.

All credit to Wolves today, they were brilliant at closing us down and stopping the usual patterns of play between the fullback, #8 and winger and fully deserved to win the game.

I’ve mentioned it previously but playing a trio of Aguero, D.Silva and Gundogan just doesn’t work, there’s no pace or intensity off the ball. They’re all brilliant players individually but together it just doesn’t work.

We have to stop persisting with this inverted wingers bullshit too, it made it very easy for Wolves to force us inside and pack the central areas, forcing us back outside and lumping aimless crosses at a team full of dwarfs. I know it doesn’t help with Sane missing but Mahrez should occasionally play on the left with Sterling on the right to give us the balance and allow us to go outside occasionally. Get back to the “simple” stuff, tap ins at the back post from wingers on the correct sides to allow quick crosses.

Oh and whoever I slagged off in the summer saying we don’t need to replace Otamendi, I was completely 100% wrong and he should be fucked off immediately. The blokes a fucking clown, we should play Garcia until Stones or Laporte are back fit.

Rodri gundogan silva doesn’t work as been proved today and at Norwich, absolute disgrace gundogan playing over silva and Foden. How gundogan played the full 90 minutes , just terrible . There is seriously something wrong in training with all our injuries which is costing us

Our many fans are not Pep Guardiola. He is the greatest football manager, so far.

That doesn't mean he can't be wrong, but please don't justify that stance using fans.

I've been on plenty of flights where the passengers thought it was a shit landing, but non of them were pilots.

Just saying.
Both of us agree that he is the greatest manager. Fans' views are not the ultimate test of the viability of the manager's decisions. I think we agree on that point too but results on the pitch are the true test but please don't close your ears to the fans when their fears are validated when results on the pitch do not give credence to managers' choices.

One of those just played out. Played woeful Norwich with this midfield and got hammered. Played struggling Wolves with the same midfield and got hammered again. Our only two league losses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.