Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously know nothing about defending or football in general so please get off the forum. Never take risks when your the last man it’s either got to be the man or the ball.

I'm sorry, didn't realize one is only allowed on the forum if they agree with your opinion of football. Furthermore, learn to read, I never said I approved of his risk taking. In some parts of the field, it is warranted and allows us to gain possession in dangerous parts of the field. Other times, like in today's game, not worth the risk, stay with your man.

I think he’ll be off in the summer.

He’s been a quality centre back for us
but Laporte, Kompany and Fernandinho have perhaps made him appear better than he truly is at times.

He’s laughable in one-on-one situations against anyone with a degree of pace.

No, he hasn’t.

I have never liked him, one of those players I've never been able to take to. Tries the hard man act at times, flying into pointless challenges and then throws himself to the floor at a brush on his face.

He was great in the centurions season, won't dispute that, but I think it was pretty telling that he's hardly had a look in since Laporte signed. When there's a 17 year old and an 18 year old we'd all be happier with that speaks volumes

I'm sorry, didn't realize one is only allowed on the forum if they agree with your opinion of football. Furthermore, learn to read, I never said I approved of his risk taking. In some parts of the field, it is warranted and allows us to gain possession in dangerous parts of the field. Other times, like in today's game, not worth the risk, stay with your man.
Sorry just wound up after losing today but no you should never dive in like that when defending a counter attack. Risks are not worth taking when you need to win every game to catch up with Liverpool. If it was me I would’ve jockeyed putting Jimenez on his left away from the goal or wait for a loose touch and tackle. If Jimenez passed you have ferna tracking back who could’ve intercepted so that’s my point. You are welcome on Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.