Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Well I am home, had a coffee and a sandwich and watched the worst rag side I have seen in thirty years lose to a poor Newcastle team. That cheered me up a little as some rag toerag on the bus was laughing about our result. Laugh at that you rag c****!!!

Where to start on today? Well for the first fifteen minutes we were okay.......then that was that, it was all downhill from there. The whole side looked unbalanced, slow, lethargic and error strewn. Devoid of pace, ideas, heart, leadership and they couldn't even do the basics right. It was so poor I almost thought I was back at Maine Road and the takeover hadn't happened. Was it four times we passed the ball straight to their forward who was then as good as one on one with Ederson? It is no exaggeration to say we could have been three goals down at the break. Walker was shocking, Pep later said he had a virus and that's why he came off. If that is true what the hell was he doing out there?? Cancello was poor on the left and the right. Otamendi, Fernandinho and Zinchenko are just too slow and positionally dreadful. Ferna looked every one he of his thirty four years today, playing in that back four I am not surprised!

The midfield was sluggish, had no bite or guile and gave the ball away cheaply, especially Rodri when he wasn't caught in possession. Who is playing the holding midfield role because I saw no protection for the defence?

Up front we were slow, square and out of ideas. Why do we insist on keep hitting high balls into the box when our forward line are all well under six foot??

You would have thought we had played in Turkey on Thursday not Wolves. They were hungry, pressed well, defended magnificently and had pace up front that terrified us everytime they came forward.

So two games lost already and eight points behind the dippers. I think this season with the loss of Kompany and injuries we aren't turning this one around. People can throw all the usual crap at me like fanny merchant, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with you etcetera but the evidence is right there on the pitch before our eyes.

We need to put one or both of the kids into that defence and get Fern shielding them. They cannot do worse than Otamendi.

Moving forward we have to replace Stones and Mendy. Both are always injured and I am afraid in Mendy's case after almost three years out it is time he called it a day. We cannot wait forever. Stones just hasn't made the progress we expected and if he plays one game and misses six through injury it is hardly surprising.

Hopefully we get some bodies back and make a fight of it but I fear it will be too late. I am not looking forward to Anfield with that defence that's for sure!

Pep has been horrendous this season. Robbed of some top players yes but he compounds those losses by rotating. As soon as we play a lower end club he weakens us with his selection. Pep mate, this isn't Spain or Germany.

He rotated the players last season, which meant they were fresh for a 14 game winning streak at the end!

Jeez where to start
We won the treble without kev,that is not the problem
We had 3 senior perfectly capable cb's and 2 kids,enough,hindsight is a wonderful thing
We HAD to get rodders,you would be complaining if we had gone with just dinho and his body packed up,he is a legend but old
Benny has been out for 2 seasons,it was always going to be difficult to come back
We do not play with a edin style striker,today we made a mistake with all the crosses,you can't spend 100m on a player for a couple of games a season
I'll give you gundy
I get what your saying Karen but the point I’m making about vinny is that he was not only our captain and probaby greatest defender ever for us but also a major major force in the dressing room so to lose that and not replace him is a terrible decision because don’t forget even with vinny there we had massive concerns over otamendi and also concerns over John stones so straight away that’s 2 of the three senior cbs we have . When Laporte got injured I said straight away that’s his was going to cost but people said we have done it before without our stars but this is different as tbh stones and otamendi is not even a top six pairing . As for the centre. Forwards I’m not saying spend £100 mill on 10 game a season player but if we’re gonna keep crossing the ball when we get desperate then at least have someone that can add the ball . I know we needed a replacement for ferdy but to not replace vinny I’d probably gonna cost us the title . I also think after they he last two seasons we were always gonna find it hard to keep the temp up because tbh I think Liverpool’s Hunger is more than ours this season . Just my opinion though f

Tough to watch out there today with mistakes in the summer (not buying a centre half) ruthlessly exposed today.

Asking a right back to make his full league debut at left back in an out of sorts defence was the last thing required.

We lack a bit of midfield dynamism when KDB is not there with Silva and Gundogan a bit too predictable when both play in the advanced midfield role. Going forward it should be one or the other.

We made the pitch narrow for ourselves with Raz and Mahrez both wanting to cut in and similarly Cancelo. Totally starved the two advanced midfielders of space and option and results in square passes or hopeful crosses.

The upside we have had very few days like this and are still blessed as a fanbase. Bad day at the office and if we fall short this season so be it. Still the memories of the last 2 seasons shine brightly.

Pressure makes people nervous, players and fans alike.
I'd rather have our pressure than the Rags.

Don’t buy that to be honest. When we did get behind the side we created some pressure. I don’t get some fans, they arrive say nothing and leave. Where has the passion gone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.