Another transitional season? No.

Whats happening now isnt really peps fault its the clubs fault for not buying a centre back in the summer being so reliant on laporte and not having another world class centre back is whats killing us right now. That and basically the left side of the team being injured.
I agree,he clearly wanted to buy a cb in the summer,he said the club said we couldn't because of cost,they see the books not us so we have to accept that,all the blaming pep is really annoying me,he he trying to work around all the injuries and try and keep the intensity of the last 2 seasons,imo that is impossible to do,the players left everything on the pitch in the run in,8 were in summer tournements so got no rest,they are only human!,i'm bowing out before i get another thread ban

I would love nothing more than hear tomorrow he has signed up for another 3 years, but I fear he won't stay longer than the end of his contract, especially if the new about his wife is correct.
The last 2 seasons have been magnificent, an honour to be part of but that is now in the past. We look a shadow of last year, and in my humble opinion we shot ourselves in the foot by not recruiting at least 1 CB, and that was before Kompany left.
To go into the season with 3 CB was crazy for a club challenging on all 4 fronts. Laporte is outstading, Stones an enigma and Otto is Otto, a liability.
He is super intense so if we get the 5 yrs out of him we have done well,as i said in the post above he wanted a cb but was told we couldn't afford it,there is absolutely no point in blaming him
Edit- his wife is coming back,she has taken the youngest,the other one is still here

I agree,he clearly wanted to buy a cb in the summer,he said the club said we couldn't because of cost,they see the books not us so we have to accept that,all the blaming pep is really annoying me,he he trying to work around all the injuries and try and keep the intensity of the last 2 seasons,imo that is impossible to do,the players left everything on the pitch in the run in,8 were in summer tournements so got no rest,they are only human!,i'm bowing out before i get another thread ban
Im not sure i believe that we had no money for a defender when there was clearly money put aside for maguire just not what lecister wanted we also bought cancelo when we didnt really need him as much as a centre back

He is super intense so if we get the 5 yrs out of him we have done well,as i said in the post above he wanted a cb but was told we couldn't afford it,there is absolutely no point in blaming him
Edit- his wife is coming back,she has taken the youngest,the other one is still here
The could not afford a CB is utter tosh, we could afford to splash 25m plus on Cancelo and several other millions on players who will never play for MCFC.
CB was a major priority, for god sake we could have kept Mangala, even he would be a better option than Otto in his present state.
We have messed up badly, took a massive gamble on Laporte not getting injured and Stones turning up and playing when required.

Im not sure i believe that we had no money for a defender when there was clearly money put aside for maguire just not what lecister wanted we also bought cancelo when we didnt really need him as much as a centre back
Dani wanted out so we part exchanged with jo,we had to have competition for ky and he can also play lb at a push,vinny said he was approached in march to go to belgium and he decided for sure after leicester,we had banked on him staying,we do our transfers a long time in advance,seems we only had the option of slabhead but not at that price,the rags did their usual swooping in and offering him double the wages,transfers are nothing like as easy as fans think,it's a 100m 6 yr investment,it's not we need a player so pay anything,i can totally understand what went down,people need to consider everything and not just moan(not you)

Pep will walk this summer if not the next summer he won’t overhaul this squad again
Why because wolves beat us at home?
Why didn't you say this after the Zagreb game because they got in behind us a couple of times like wolves?
Or are you on the wind up? Or should I say trying to be on the wind up as it was a piss poor attempt.

The could not afford a CB is utter tosh, we could afford to splash 25m plus on Cancelo and several other millions on players who will never play for MCFC.
CB was a major priority, for god sake we could have kept Mangala, even he would be a better option than Otto in his present state.
We have messed up badly, took a massive gamble on Laporte not getting injured and Stones turning up and playing when required.
Sigh,dani left,we needed a rb,vinny decided to leave last min,see my post above,what is the point of you shouting the same thing over and over,mangala better than nico,lol,just what is the point in blaming pep,we are where we are,no-one could forsee eric being out for the season and john being injured,engage your brain and think it through,i'm out

PdEH14x.gif

Dani wanted out so we part exchanged with jo,we had to have competition for ky and he can also play lb at a push,vinny said he was approached in march to go to belgium and he decided for sure after leicester,we had banked on him staying,we do our transfers a long time in advance,seems we only had the option of slabhead but not at that price,the rags did their usual swooping in and offering him double the wages,transfers are nothing like as easy as fans think,it's a 100m 6 yr investment,it's not we need a player so pay anything,i can totally understand what went down,people need to consider everything and not just moan(not you)
Slab head as you call him wanted us, and waited as long as possible for us to come to an arrangement with Leicester, but United offered crazy money which City rightly or wrongly would not match.
Personally I think it's a deal which we will live to regret, crazy money for a very good CB, but not for a player whom would have fitted into our team easily and another homegrown to add to our quoter.
And if you think 80m is crazy, what do you think we will have to pay in January for any decent class CB?
I am also not so sure Danilo did want out, I don't think Pep lost any sleep when he did leave, he was a player he never really trusted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.