Another transitional season? No.

Jesus christ
Karen, the point is reasonable if the words are a little clumsy. Pep has never stayed at a club for more than four seasons. I wouldn't call that short term but its not exactly long term either. He is intense and driven, that is part of his genius. He indoctrinates the squad with his methods and expects 100% effort and compliance. What I think we are seeing in a small number of instances is players no longer able to meet his standards 100% of the time. We have at various times seen drop offs in form. Raz is below his best. Bernie hasn't reached the standards he did last season. Otamendi has gone backwards. He is brilliant and I love him but he must be a very hard boss to work for. Is it so far fetched to suggest maybe there is a dip this year through mental tiredness as well as a really bad string of injuries?

We will come again but I do think it is time for him to be more aggressive with bringing through the youngsters. I would like to see Phil start every second game at least. Give Garcia a shot at CB. Gabby more game time, even wide. Of course he may do the opposite and we go on a 30 game winning run - its entirely possible. I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong.

Sigh,dani left,we needed a rb,vinny decided to leave last min,see my post above,what is the point of you shouting the same thing over and over,mangala better than nico,lol,just what is the point in blaming pep,we are where we are,no-one could forsee eric being out for the season and john being injured,engage your brain and think it through,i'm out
John, John has gone missing the last two seasons, he is simply not a player you build your team around.

Laporte's injury was a disaster, totally agree, but Otermendi and Stones are simply not good enough

Why because wolves beat us at home?
Why didn't you say this after the Zagreb game because they got in behind us a couple of times like wolves?
Or are you on the wind up? Or should I say trying to be on the wind up as it was a piss poor attempt.
No not on the wind up I could of easily said it after Zagreb the performance was so poor and didn’t think it would get any worse. Out of our 11 games this season I’d say we have played well 4 times that’s not like us over the last 2 seasons. Our summer in the transfer market was poor also. And pep just doesn’t seem to be himself on the side line and in interviews. Can’t be arsed with wind ups it’s just my opinion

Slab head as you call him wanted us, and waited as long as possible for us to come to an arrangement with Leicester, but United offered crazy money which City rightly or wrongly would not match.
Personally I think it's a deal which we will live to regret, crazy money for a very good CB, but not for a player whom would have fitted into our team easily and another homegrown to add to our quoter.
And if you think 80m is crazy, what do you think we will have to pay in January for any decent class CB?
Have you watched the rag games? he is terrible,keeps standing off turning his back and not doing much with the ball,in the doco pep points him out as slow and the one to target,just because the media wanked over him as the in thing does not mean he was was worth 80m plus wages or even that pep really wanted him,we won't buy in jan,eric and john should be back and i say again you do not spend that money or a long contract as a panic buy,there is nothing to say he would have settled here,it takes time to make the step up as we saw with bernie and mahrez

Have you watched the rag games? he is terrible,keeps standing off turning his back and not doing much with the ball,in the doco pep points him out as slow and the one to target,just because the media wanked over him as the in thing does not mean he was was worth 80m plus wages or even that pep really wanted him,we won't buy in jan,eric and john should be back and i say again you do not spend that money or a long contract as a panic buy,there is nothing to say he would have settled here,it takes time to make the step up as we saw with bernie and mahrez
Manchester United are a mid table struggling team, managed by an idiot.

Reactions: cjn
Manchester United are a mid table struggling team, managed by an idiot.

Not sure Mahrez will ever make the step up, looked good at the end of last season, start of this but still not convinced he is a City player. I hope he proves me wrong.

Karen, the point is reasonable if the words are a little clumsy. Pep has never stayed at a club for more than four seasons. I wouldn't call that short term but its not exactly long term either. He is intense and driven, that is part of his genius. He indoctrinates the squad with his methods and expects 100% effort and compliance. What I think we are seeing in a small number of instances is players no longer able to meet his standards 100% of the time. We have at various times seen drop offs in form. Raz is below his best. Bernie hasn't reached the standards he did last season. Otamendi has gone backwards. He is brilliant and I love him but he must be a very hard boss to work for. Is it so far fetched to suggest maybe there is a dip this year through mental tiredness as well as a really bad string of injuries?

We will come again but I do think it is time for him to be more aggressive with bringing through the youngsters. I would like to see Phil start every second game at least. Give Garcia a shot at CB. Gabby more game time, even wide. Of course he may do the opposite and we go on a 30 game winning run - its entirely possible. I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong.
It was said he has never done more than 3yrs but he is here in his 4th year and saying he will do the 5,the rest of your post i agree with,people i am responding to on various threads are not showing understanding of what you and i are saying,he doesn't need to prove himself,he has more than done that,we are in a right state at the moment,we need our best players back and the others left everything on the pitch last season,there is going to be a rocky few weeks i think but we'l be fine,we have been through worse,since sane has been out i've been saying i would like to see gabby left with sergio out front,i don't understand why he won't do that,throwing a kid into defence in prem games i'm undecided on,we really need some stability back there,half the problem is the midfield being open and slow,i think that needs solving first

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.