Bernado Silva misconduct charge: one game ban, £50k fine

Will they not use the catch all " bringing the game into disrepute"?
I did hear the accusation on some radio station but can not remember it but it was very very all encompassing, bernardo will be found guilty and fined, but because the FA and Kick it out stand alone on this he will not get a ban,, ie the French nor Europe have banned this image, so it can not be used as a racist image , but that will be enough for the press to ruin Bernardo`s image rights,
I do suggest every one reads the charge as it is obvious the FA are out to get him by any means
I did forget to mention the FA can do what they want because they have a very effective gagging system Kick it out do not and they have accused Bernardo of being a racist inadvertently or not

Last edited:
Do we know for sure what he has been formally charged with, not what the press/media think.

"Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct for a breach of FA Rule E3 in relation to a social media post on September 22, 2019.

"It is alleged that the Manchester City player's activity breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute."

The FA statement continued: "It is further alleged that the activity constitutes an "aggravated breach", which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included reference, whether expressed or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin.

"The midfielder has until 9 October 2019 to provide a response."

Do we know for sure what he has been formally charged with, not what the press/media think.

The FA said: “It is alleged that the Manchester City player’s activity breaches FA Rule E3(1) as it was insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute. It is further alleged that the activity constitutes an ‘Aggravated Breach’, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included reference, whether expressed or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin.”

The above doesn't appear to be an accusation of outright racism to me, moreso that the tweet had racial connotations to it. Just dug up the charge against Suarez re the Evra incident and there appears to be a difference:

The FA's statement, published on its official website on Wednesday evening, said: "It is alleged that Suárez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United's Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules. It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra."

The FA are acting like a court of morality, someone needs to remove that remit from them IMO.

The above doesn't appear to be an accusation of outright racism to me, moreso that the tweet had racial connotations to it. Just dug up the charge against Suarez re the Evra incident and there appears to be a difference:
So you would think hands slapped and don't do it again rather than a hefty fine and a ban?

I wonder if his ban will be long enough to miss the Liverpool match?

I did hear the accusation on some radio station but can not remember it but it was very very all encompassing, bernardo will be found guilty and fined, but because the FA and Kick it out stand alone on this he will not get a ban,, ie the French nor Europe have banned this image, so it can not be used as a racist image , but that will be enough for the press to ruin Bernardo`s image rights,
I do suggest every one reads the charge as it is obvious the FA are out to get him by any means

John Terry was cleared of racism by the British courts but guilty of the same charge by the FA's kangaroo court. Until we get transcripts or even videos of FA "court cases" then it will be accused of unfairness.

So you would think hands slapped and don't do it again rather than a hefty fine and a ban?

You'd hope so because anyone with a bit of commonsense can see that while it was unwise for him to do it there was no malice intended, but you never know. I think even if we put any perceived bias against us to one side, race issues in football are a real big deal now and the FA might feel that they need to impose a harsher punishment so they can be seen to be doing something.

As an aside, and I know this is unrelated, the FA ought to have ordered an investigation into themselves over the Aluko business because their conduct in that was worse than what Bernardo has done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.