Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more likely he stays if we lose the league than if we win. He's never broken a contract and I don't see him feeling like he's left Txiki in the lurch by ducking out second best.
He will leave if 'his plan' fails. He would see it as the honorable thing to do. I think it very unlikely though and think he will see out his five years.

Its going to happen one day probably between 1 to 3 years-just hope we have a serious succession plan and its better than just an unproven Arteta ..If Arteta is that good to be able to step in to Pep's boots hao come no other club has made him offers he can't refuse.?

I think Pep will go at the end of the season, it'll be a "thank you Pep" and onwards with a new manager.
Manchester City will continue to grow and win things without Pep

If his wife and family are unsettled then I can see this being his last season.

Also it's just the beginning. Pep's football is completely unmatched in terms of control and underlying numbers, but with the right succession appointment things will change but results will not necessarily get worse.

Part of Pep's job was to win everything, but it was also to build a team that can carry on dominating long after he's left, like he did at Barcelona.
Totally agree. The foundations have been firmly laid for whoever and whenever someone takes the reigns

Also it's just the beginning. Pep's football is completely unmatched in terms of control and underlying numbers, but with the right succession appointment things will change but results will not necessarily get worse.

Part of Pep's job was to win everything, but it was also to build a team that can carry on dominating long after he's left, like he did at Barcelona.

I don't really share your confidence about things not getting worse. I don't think there's anyone capable of following to the same ridiculously high, game-changing standards.

I don't really share your confidence about things not getting worse. I don't think there's anyone capable of following to the same ridiculously high, game-changing standards.

If you look at Spain, the Guardiola effect of needing 95+ points to win the league carried on for 4 or 5 years after he left.

As for not getting worse, I don't think Klopp is a uniquely talented manager. He's not Pep or Mourinho. If he can match Pep's number of points and goals scored/conceded etc. then I think there's a few out there who could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.