Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the obvious difference in experience I'm struggling to think of a reason how him playing instead of Fernandinho would weaken us. Eric is a natural defender outstanding on the ball and his reading of the game. Hope to see him get another start this week.

Apart from the obvious difference in experience I'm struggling to think of a reason how him playing instead of Fernandinho would weaken us. Eric is a natural defender outstanding on the ball and his reading of the game. Hope to see him get another start this week.

Fern had some dodgy moments yesterday but be fair, it's his 3rd or 4th game as a CB, he'll need a bit of time to get used to the position.

Garcia will have to have quite a few incredible sub appearances and cup games until he's shown enough for Pep to trust him more than Fernandinho, one of his most reliable and important players over the last 4 years.

Ottamendi is our best cb in terms of arial ability and garcia doesn't stack up unfortunatley.

The amount of dangerous free kicks and corners Otto gives away is the one of the main reasons we need his above average aerial ability , Garcia is a composed player who reads the game well and would possibly halve the amount of dead ball situations we face at the moment. Always liked the "colonel" as a player but he's seen his best days and would only be a squad player if Laporte had not suffered his injury

The amount of dangerous free kicks and corners Otto gives away is the one of the main reasons we need his above average aerial ability , Garcia is a composed player who reads the game well and would possibly halve the amount of dead ball situations we face at the moment. Always liked the "colonel" as a player but he's seen his best days and would only be a squad player if Laporte had not suffered his injury
his ariel ability is better than above average its very good for his height and also the best in the squad now that kompany has gone. Im not sure playing garcia in defence is a good option if he plays with fernandinho were weaker at defencing set pieces and if he plays with ottamendi im not sure how he would cope with ottamendis mistakes.

Experience is a big thing with Pep, and it’s an obvious thing to build trust from.

But I think Garcia looks an even better prospect than Foden and I don’t see any reason for him not to be in our team.

He genuinely couldn’t be any worse than Otamendi.

Garcia might not ever get this kind of opportunity to get into our team ever again. I can see us spending big on a centre half next Summer but we might not have to, this lad could be that long term player.

It’s not like a Foden situation where even our best player from last season (Bernardo) isn’t even getting regular starts in midfield; we are genuinely short at centre half!

Experience is a big thing with Pep, and it’s an obvious thing to build trust from.

But I think Garcia looks an even better prospect than Foden and I don’t see any reason for him not to be in our team.

He genuinely couldn’t be any worse than Otamendi.

Garcia might not ever get this kind of opportunity to get into our team ever again. I can see us spending big on a centre half next Summer but we might not have to, this lad could be that long term player.

It’s not like a Foden situation where even our best player from last season (Bernardo) isn’t even getting regular starts in midfield; we are genuinely short at centre half!

I agree, we are on the bones of our arses with respect to CHs, but surely this tells us that Garcia isn't quite ready to feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.