Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for Garcia to be blooded. Can’t be any worse.

Couldnt have put it better myself m8.
I trust Pep & understand why we didn't replace Komps.
The right player isn't always available.
No point spending big just to make up the squad numbers.
However I thought one of the reasons we didn't buy a CB was Pep trusted Garcia.
I thought in August we will give it a season & see how Garcia develops.
If it didn't work out buy next summer.
BUT no point in having him if he doesn't give him a chance.
Like you say Nico is in poor form & needs taking out of the limelight.
Otherwise he will cost us more points & get grief from the boo boys that City have. Just like Bravo did in his first season.
Hopefully Pep will throw him in pal

Ota has been a good servant for City but it's time to move on next summer. I just can't see Pep keeping him past next summer after these displays. It doesn't matter what kind of starting XI Pep picks if there is one weak link in there. One is enough to lose a game. That's why he sold Danilo and Delph.

For next season we will probably have a very stable defense of Laporte, Stones, (Skriniar?), Garcia, Cancelo/Walker and Mendy/Angelino.
I don't really see any weak links in there, especially if we sell Zinchenko too. Mendy will probably get back to his former self, Angelino and Cancelo will be up to speed with Peps system, Garcia too. And one more world class CB like Laporte. Then we are set for a long time defensively.

Great,lets play rodders who has never played there to lead a kid who has played 1 cup game,what could go wrong!

Probably no more than Otamendi sitting on his arse as a forward runs past him.

In all seriousness I think Garcia looks ready for the first team.

We miss Fern too much in midfield, and with Rodri being taller I just feel he'd be more suited as a makeshift centre-back than Fern.

Probably no more than Otamendi sitting on his arse as a forward runs past him.

In all seriousness I think Garcia looks ready for the first team.

We miss Fern too much in midfield, and with Rodri being taller I just feel he'd be more suited as a makeshift centre-back than Fern.
Yep i was teasing,we do miss dinho in the middle but i don't think he would be as good this season,age waits for no man

lol when it was summer transfers and anyone mentioned that Otamendi isn't good enough most here got defensive, it's shocking how clear it is that Otamendi is absolutely embarrassing as a centre half. Start Harwood-Bellis and Stones, not that the latter is any more reliable. But I wonder what has caused his form to slump even further, given he is getting all the playtime he could have dreamed of start of season.

lol when it was summer transfers and anyone mentioned that Otamendi isn't good enough most here got defensive, it's shocking how clear it is that Otamendi is absolutely embarrassing as a centre half. Start Harwood-Bellis and Stones, not that the latter is any more reliable. But I wonder what has caused his form to slump even further, given he is getting all the playtime he could have dreamed of start of season.
Whats caused him to slump further is theres no one to save him anymore. Theres no kompany or laporte to hold his hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.