Another Champions league revamp...?

I have an idea for it get all the champions of the leagues plus the previous winner to play in it.

Let 2nd-4th play in another cup competion

Let the cup winners all play each other in another comp.

If there wanted the groups to be meaningful they could increase to 5 teams in each so 40 teams altogether ticking another of their boxes, 8 group games which appeases the shit old cartel teams as they get their money. No seeding but a max of 2 per country each group and only the 8 group winners go through to QFs, Same number of games as now and losing 50% of the group games send ya out.

CL should be a knockout competition between the winners of ALL European leagues within UEFA.
EL should be same for 2nd placed team.
Cup Winners Cup should be same for winners of each country’s F.A. Cup.

Do you know you could be on to something with that....has this been done before ? :) :) :)

Every time someone says "make it champions only straight KO, more fun to watch" I know they either didn't watch the European Cup or have terrible memories.

There was nothing interesting about watching Real Madrid or Bayern pump the Hungarian champions 11-0 on aggregate.
We beat a German team 10-2 on aggregate last season.

The current set up means that once great clubs like Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Steaua Bucharest, Celtic and Dynamo Kiev have almost zero chance of competing.

CL should be a knockout competition between the winners of ALL European leagues within UEFA.
EL should be same for 2nd placed team.
Cup Winners Cup should be same for winners of each country’s F.A. Cup.

Sadly, $$$$$ is all ANYONE cares about anymore, esp the powers that be that are skimming all the corporate money from the trough!
Like it used to be you mean, nobody would argue with that, except the money grabbers etc

We beat a German team 10-2 on aggregate last season.

The current set up means that once great clubs like Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Steaua Bucharest, Celtic and Dynamo Kiev have almost zero chance of competing.

No, that's the modern world, domestic TV money. Red Star Belgrade are never going to compete again, no matter what format you come up with.

No, that's the modern world, domestic TV money. Red Star Belgrade are never going to compete again, no matter what format you come up with.
My point is that you said people who talk about the old knockout format don't remember games that hit double figures over two legs. We did that to Schalke last season. Tottenham have just conceded 7 at home to Bayern. Drubbings have always and will always happen.

My point is that you said people who talk about the old knockout format don't remember games that hit double figures over two legs. We did that to Schalke last season. Tottenham have just conceded 7 at home to Bayern. Drubbings have always and will always happen.

I thought your point was "The current set up means that once great clubs like Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Steaua Bucharest, Celtic and Dynamo Kiev have almost zero chance of competing."?

I've got an idea for a revamp, champions only knockout competition end of.... Oh I nearly forgot ... Clear out The current UEFA hierarchy and employ people who will run it for the good of football rather than the deteriorating elite and the corrupt scum involved at the moment ....!

I thought your point was "The current set up means that once great clubs like Red Star Belgrade, Benfica, Steaua Bucharest, Celtic and Dynamo Kiev have almost zero chance of competing."?
That as well. I answered your point and added to my post.

I appreciate it's difficult to find a way to let teams such as the five I mentioned compete but the answer surely can't be to make it more exclusive depending on the riches in a team's country therefore squeezing them out further. We'll end up with a competition of about 10 teams.

This is off the top of my head but maybe put all champions into the group stage but make the 2nd, 3rd and 4th qualify the way Celtic and the like have to now.

There'd be a decent knockout competition early in the season, then competitive groups, the Champions of the major leagues would get through and there'd be a decent knockout phase at the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.