Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats caused him to slump further is theres no one to save him anymore. Theres no kompany or laporte to hold his hand.
If you mean hold his hand in terms of covering for his lack of pace, I would agree. Anything else, I think you are underestimating the mental strength Ota has. Anyway, lets hope he puts that mare behind him as I see him featuring a lot more this season

The way he dives in is something you teach kids not to do from the off.
Why he continues to do it is anyones guess

Nico had a good match last night in Dortmund.
1st half Germany went full power and had to pay the bill later in the 2nd half. A bit like dippers (without cheated penalties..).

Like City, Argentina had a defence that rarely played together befre and the problems were apparent.
But Rojo was the main problem, not Nico. That's for sure.

I know many on here like to put complex things easy and pick out a scapegoat.
But they completely ignore the clownery of silly passing from Walker, Mahrez, Cancelo and Rodri
that made our CBs look stupid, Fern included (0-2 vs Wolves).

We don't have to discuss Nico's defending skills in detail as long as the rest of the team refuse to do their part of defence
and on top let the CBs find themselves at the halfway line with pants down to happily invite opponents to easy breaks.

When we stand high the passing has to be perfect. It's not difficult, it's daily routine. But they were afraid to fail vs Wolves.
Sloppy mistakes will be cleaned up sometimes by CBs and Ed, but not as often as vs Wolves.

Nico ist still a hard worker and fighter, strong against the man, and he's the only one of that calibre right now.
We have a huge a problem vs physical sides in PL matches and the next one will be Palace...

I don't worry about Nico - if the teams returns to playing as a team and fights against being bullied in any single 1on1.

I do worry about Stones.
I have no idea where he stands - physically but also in terms of personal life and where his head is.

Garcia and THB surely can play the odd match, but not permanently and not vs physical sides. No way.

I really don't get how people keep making excuses for him.

In any team, the centrebacks have to be the ones to rely on to steady the ship when others are having an off day. Along with the goalkeeper, it's the highest risk position on the entire pitch so you have to constantly concentrate and think about where the danger is coming from. You can't afford to have someone stupid in that position and expect to come out on top when the offensive players aren't at their prolific best. Unfortunately Otamendi is thick as shit.

He's 31 and still makes the same mistakes game after game after game after game.

Nico had a good match last night in Dortmund.
1st half Germany went full power and had to pay the bill later in the 2nd half. A bit like dippers (without cheated penalties..).

Like City, Argentina had a defence that rarely played together befre and the problems were apparent.
But Rojo was the main problem, not Nico. That's for sure.

I know many on here like to put complex things easy and pick out a scapegoat.
But they completely ignore the clownery of silly passing from Walker, Mahrez, Cancelo and Rodri
that made our CBs look stupid, Fern included (0-2 vs Wolves).

We don't have to discuss Nico's defending skills in detail as long as the rest of the team refuse to do their part of defence
and on top let the CBs find themselves at the halfway line with pants down to happily invite opponents to easy breaks.

When we stand high the passing has to be perfect. It's not difficult, it's daily routine. But they were afraid to fail vs Wolves.
Sloppy mistakes will be cleaned up sometimes by CBs and Ed, but not as often as vs Wolves.

Nico ist still a hard worker and fighter, strong against the man, and he's the only one of that calibre right now.
We have a huge a problem vs physical sides in PL matches and the next one will be Palace...

I don't worry about Nico - if the teams returns to playing as a team and fights against being bullied in any single 1on1.

I do worry about Stones.
I have no idea where he stands - physically but also in terms of personal life and where his head is.

Garcia and THB surely can play the odd match, but not permanently and not vs physical sides. No way.
Walker,Mahrez,cancelo and rodri don't dive in like idiots all the time like he does. It sounds like your blaming everyone but him when he is a big part of problems defensivley right now.

I really don't get how people keep making excuses for him.

In any team, the centrebacks have to be the ones to rely on to steady the ship when others are having an off day. Along with the goalkeeper, it's the highest risk position on the entire pitch so you have to constantly concentrate and think about where the danger is coming from. You can't afford to have someone stupid in that position and expect to come out on top when the offensive players aren't at their prolific best. Unfortunately Otamendi is thick as shit.

He's 31 and still makes the same mistakes game after game after game after game.

He is doing something right as if he were as bad as you make out (which he isn't clearly isn't), he would have had zero game time not only this season, but last also. surely, if he were that much of a liability, a young one would have been introduced

Nico has shown, for club and country, on a good day,he can be a top defender. Pep says he doesn't teach defenders how to tackle, that's Arteta's job.
Given the years Otta' has been at City I would have thought by now the tendency to go to ground would have been trained out of his game. Perhaps that is the defence coach's failing?
He's tough, never goes missing and fairly injury-free. It's his inconsistency that is the problem.

Lescott would have been shit without vinny with him,partnerships are often that way,only one can lead so i wouldn't be too harsh on nico,he was 4th choice for a reason,he is first now and has to lead,give him a break

Lescott would have been shit without vinny with him,partnerships are often that way,only one can lead so i wouldn't be too harsh on nico,he was 4th choice for a reason,he is first now and has to lead,give him a break

Bollocks. There were many times Lescott covered Kompanys tendency to jump in and not come away with the ball as the front footed defender.

Bollocks. There were many times Lescott covered Kompanys tendency to jump in and not come away with the ball as the front footed defender.
Well that is what partnerships are all about but vinny was the leader of the two,lets say vinny left and Lescott had to lead mangala,carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.