Guttering scam here in Mid Cheshire ?

oakiecokie

Had a guy come around asking if we needed the gutters cleaning,which certainly we do.He claimed he came from Sandbach and had done the next door but ones gutters.
Got a good price and expected him to make a booking.No he could do them immediately.We showed him through the house so he could take a look at the back ones.
"Lovely house you have here" he said.
Got back to the front and he said he would get the ladders,but then remarked to my wife" Is that you car ? Isn`t it great".Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Come back with his ladders and props them up against the front upstair windows.The guy was very well dreseed and he only removed his coat.
"Wont be too long,but I`ve just got to nip and get something" he stated.
It was about 40 minutes later when he still hadn`t arrived back that the alarm bells started to chime.
Did he come with the intention of getting my car,robbing us,something wasn`t right.
I decided to move the car,as the ladders may have been deliberately placed to show any sidekicks where a nice car was.
I went shopping by myself and phoned the missus to see if there had been any developments.She had phoned the police to ask for some assistance and they seemed to indicate that they knew this guy.
He certainly wasn`t from Sandbach as my son (who hadn`t shown himself at that time) had taken a picture of this van and we gave the number to the police.
This guy finally came back an hour and a half later.My son went to the front door with my missus to tell him she had changed her mind.They said he looked gobsmacked at seeing our son and didn`t even question her as to why she had a change.
Sorry for being so long winded and the guy may be even has a legitimate business,but just a word of warning to one and all as the scam may be all over the area.
Anyone had any similar experiences of house scams/cars like this ?

Had a guy come around asking if we needed the gutters cleaning,which certainly we do.He claimed he came from Sandbach and had done the next door but ones gutters.
Got a good price and expected him to make a booking.No he could do them immediately.We showed him through the house so he could take a look at the back ones.
"Lovely house you have here" he said.
Got back to the front and he said he would get the ladders,but then remarked to my wife" Is that you car ? Isn`t it great".Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Come back with his ladders and props them up against the front upstair windows.The guy was very well dreseed and he only removed his coat.
"Wont be too long,but I`ve just got to nip and get something" he stated.
It was about 40 minutes later when he still hadn`t arrived back that the alarm bells started to chime.
Did he come with the intention of getting my car,robbing us,something wasn`t right.
I decided to move the car,as the ladders may have been deliberately placed to show any sidekicks where a nice car was.
I went shopping by myself and phoned the missus to see if there had been any developments.She had phoned the police to ask for some assistance and they seemed to indicate that they knew this guy.
He certainly wasn`t from Sandbach as my son (who hadn`t shown himself at that time) had taken a picture of this van and we gave the number to the police.
This guy finally came back an hour and a half later.My son went to the front door with my missus to tell him she had changed her mind.They said he looked gobsmacked at seeing our son and didn`t even question her as to why she had a change.
Sorry for being so long winded and the guy may be even has a legitimate business,but just a word of warning to one and all as the scam may be all over the area.
Anyone had any similar experiences of house scams/cars like this ?

No, but cheers for sharing

I wonder what he pocketed on his walk through your house that he needed to fence.

So you had some pikeys come round your house and after they nip off you go to the shops leaving your missus alone in the house?

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.