Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly don't like him, but he was instrumental in the run in last season and you simply refusing to accept any of his contribution says more about you sadly
That's a bogus argument that you keep referring to when you say posters clearly don't like him. We're blues and you keep using that term. we don't have glaring personal agendas against players. Even if it's true, which I don't believe, there's valid reasons for that to be a fair assessment anyway.

You clearly don't like him, but he was instrumental in the run in last season and you simply refusing to accept any of his contribution says more about you sadly

I personally have nothing against him...just think he is a very weak link and the fact that you have to turn a discussion/disagreement to something more personal actually says something about you. I've actually qualified my opinion about gundogan with points about his performances and why I think he is a weak link ...all you have said is that he was instrumental...no detail at all to back that Iup...just a snide remark

That's a bogus argument that you keep referring to when you say posters clearly don't like him. We're blues and you keep using that term. we don't have glaring personal agendas against players. Even if it's true, which I don't believe, there's valid reasons for that to be a fair assessment anyway.
I use that term because it is fucking obvious some fans have a real downer on some players, so dont give me that shit please. Said poster was having ago at Ota too yesterday, over a week since we played but he felt the need to bump both threads to have a dig at players - why would that be then?

I personally have nothing against him...just think he is a very weak link and the fact that you have to turn a discussion/disagreement to something more personal actually says something about you. I've actually qualified my opinion about gundogan with points about his performances and why I think he is a weak link ...all you have said is that he was instrumental...no detail at all to back that Iup...just a snide remark

Hardly a personal attack was it? We haven't played in over a week, so why the need to resurrect his and Ota's threads just to have a pop

If you want detail, go and look at the latter stages of last season, you might not like what you find mind

The 6-0 against Chelsea will be fresher in the mind, I'd say that performance ranks up there.

I agree. I think after that game, I might have said on here, it was his best performance in that position since the Barca game. If we only have to wait every 2 years for him to play well at 8, we are absolutely cruising.

I agree. I think after that game, I might have said on here, it was his best performance in that position since the Barca game. If we only have to wait every 2 years for him to play well at 8, we are absolutely cruising.

We don't though do we, he's played well at 8 plenty of times, I'm just giving examples of good games he's played against 'half decent' opposition in that role

His problem isn't about ability, it's inconsistency.

Not really, he was consistently very good in the 14 game run he spent in the side at the end of last season. It's more like he's inconsistent when his game time is inconsistent, which is basically the same of our entire bench.

The problem is Gundogan + Silva 90% of the time. They both need to be partnered with a more willing runner who will stretch the pitch.

We don't though do we, he's played well at 8 plenty of times, I'm just giving examples of good games he's played against 'half decent' opposition in that role

I'm not going to argue the point. I think the teams results with him at 8 mean I don't need to. For the majority of his City career, he has been extremely average, however I concede that for the 2nd half of last season, he was excellent, playing as a 6. He has shown nothing on a regular basis, to suggest that he should be playing any other position than as a 6. Yes, we can pick out a Barca or a Chelsea but those level of performance are too few and far between. He should play as a 6, or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.