Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep can study him all he likes and consult with his analytical army all day long. Wont change the fact he is incredibly limited and a target for other teams to exploit. Far to conservative (or cowardly if you like). Either bernardo or Foden bring so much more to the team.

Strange enough the coach of one of the best teams in English football history as well as the coach of the German squad rate him extremely high.
I hope for their sake they do have some kind of reason.

Hardly a personal attack was it? We haven't played in over a week, so why the need to resurrect his and Ota's threads just to have a pop

If you want detail, go and look at the latter stages of last season, you might not like what you find mind

there was no need to be personal at all...not even a little -maybe it says something about you as you were so quick to question me

I think you will find that I only agreed with what others were also saying. And though it has been a week or so since we played the argument is still current and thats the point of a discussion board to talk about opinions - if you want to disagree then thats cool as thats what its all about - opinions but if all you can say is go and look then thats pointless - my opinion (whether you agree of disagree is irrelevant) is from watching his performances over an extended period of time - same with Ottomendi, and any other players

there was no need to be personal at all...not even a little -maybe it says something about you as you were so quick to question me

I think you will find that I only agreed with what others were also saying. And though it has been a week or so since we played the argument is still current and thats the point of a discussion board to talk about opinions - if you want to disagree then thats cool as thats what its all about - opinions but if all you can say is go and look then thats pointless - my opinion (whether you agree of disagree is irrelevant) is from watching his performances over an extended period of time - same with Ottomendi, and any other players
I will put you down in the snowflake group so when I next respond to one of your posts, I will behave - is that OK sunshine?

Fuck me, imagine having the nerve to call two greats like David Silva and Sergio Aguero inconsistent.

Fuck me, imagine having the nerve to call two greats like David Silva and Sergio Aguero inconsistent.

So you don't believe they've performed poorly in any games this season? They've produced a consistent level of performance so far?

Pep can study him all he likes and consult with his analytical army all day long. Wont change the fact he is incredibly limited and a target for other teams to exploit. Far to conservative (or cowardly if you like). Either bernardo or Foden bring so much more to the team.

Why are you so sure you are right about Gundogan's qualities? Maybe there is a small chance, say 10%, that Pep is better positioned to know what Gundogan can and cannot do? Sure, Pep doesn't understand the game as well as some knowledgeable fans on here and can't see that some players are incredibly limited, but why not give him the benefit of doubt? Maybe, just maybe, he knows a thing or two about football and management.

Why are you so sure you are right about Gundogan's qualities? Maybe there is a small chance, say 10%, that Pep is better positioned to know what Gundogan can and cannot do? Sure, Pep doesn't understand the game as well as some knowledgeable fans on here and can't see that some players are incredibly limited, but why not give him the benefit of doubt? Maybe, just maybe, he knows a thing or two about football and management.
Peps right about a lot of things but he's wrong on this issue.
Whatever he achieved in the past is in the past. This is a new season and 8 games in we have lost to cannon fodder Norwich, a very Limited wolves and drew with a team that has downed tools on the manager so clearly all isn't going to plan thus far. Yes we have injuries but so had norwich who I daresay hadn't the squad we have.
Fucking hell can Pep never be questioned?

Peps right about a lot of things but he's wrong on this issue.
Whatever he achieved in the past is in the past. This is a new season and 8 games in we have lost to cannon fodder Norwich, a very Limited wolves and drew with a team that has downed tools on the manager so clearly all isn't going to plan thus far. Yes we have injuries but so had norwich who I daresay hadn't the squad we have.
Fucking hell can Pep never be questioned?

Again, what makes you sure you know better? What helps you identify Gundogan's weaknesses better than the manager who sees him in games and training for several years now?

Because the results are unsatisfactory, there must be a simple explanation, the simple explanation must be related to a single player and there is no better candidate for that player in midfield and attack than Gundogan, right? Have you entertained the possibility that things might be much more complex than that and that Pep factors in circumstances you have no idea about? Maybe he knows what's wrong with our performances this season. And that the reasons for them are not down simply to 1-2 players and go deeper: the fact hat we have injuries, aging legends, have won 7 from the last 8 trophies on offer in England and the motivation is not quite the same or a bit of mental tiredness is kreeping in, or we were also a bit unlucky to concede 5 goals from 7 shots on target against Spurs and Norwich, etc. etc.?

Don't let a bit of thinking get in the way of simplistic explanations though. It's so much easier to blame Gundogan and Pep's inability to see how incredibly limited he is for our bad results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.