Euro Qualifiers - Bulgaria v England halted twice due to racist fans

I see Barry Glendenning is still a massive dickhead.

Of course he is.

It's hard to imagine actually taking the position that you can't criticise racism unless your country is totally free of racism itself, but I genuinely can't imagine how much of a twat you'd actually have to be to then take that opinion public and accost people condemning monkey chants.

Harry Kane said he was going to let the football do the talking. I wished he would as I hadn't a clue as to what he was saying

What to do about this is a real problem. If the players walk off this amounts to a 'win' for the idiots in the crowd who boo and chant in order to be provocative. If the officials call off the game then that is also a win or the players being booed get blamed and the booing gets worse next time. You can't ban home fans without banning away fans otherwise you're just asking for trouble. You either play behind closed doors to protect the players, play in a neutral venue or play both legs in the home country. The power is in the hands of the national FA's and UEFA need to be working with them to understand and combat the issues in the specific countries. If the national FA refuses to accept the problem or can't ticket games to weed out individuals then they can't host international games.

With regards to England we were good without having to excel. I think Mings and Winks did OK but there was a lack of consistent quality in midfield. Rashford is in serious need of a decent coach - I think he's gone backwards since he made Demechilis look a mug. If he was half the player Hoddle thinks he is he'd be twice as good as he is.

But overall a very professional performance in tough circumstances.
Good luck with that, UEFA are corrupt ****s,.And England should have stuck to their word and walked off the pitch,.that would be a massive statement to the world, but we talked about walking off, but when push came to shove we shit it

Yep. Clear monkey noises. I'd love to hear from a fairly lucid Bulgarian person who holds the same viewpoint just how/why they hold such abhorrent views.

I can tell you on Wednesday when I’m back in work.

The Bulgarian girl who works for me certainly won’t support these fucking animals, she’s a lovely person.

Yet the head of the FA was unwilling to criticize those fines and punishments and absolutely ducked the question in the interview after the game. He should lose his job after that. Southgate and England took a stance tonight (though I’d really of liked to see them go a step further) and the guy who is supposed to lead and represent them totally undermined them.
He was very political in his amswers to questions when at that particular time, rifht after the event and when momentum was with it, he totally failed to grab it and instead retreated back to the kind of stock response that we all know means nothing will ever really be done to even try and foster change

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.