TV Fixture Changes 2019/20

While I agree with the statement that the festive fixture list isn't kind to us, the fact that any inconvenience to match-going fans isn't even mentioned in the statement is a fucking joke. As a match-going fan, that's my primary concern. The impact on our players is for the manager and coaching staff to deal with and they get paid very good money for it.

For those that don't have the luxury of being off work throughout the whole festive period, it's utter dogshit. From a purely selfish point of view though, the new schedule suits me better. I finish work on the 24th, or perhaps the 23rd if we get everything done, and not back in until 2nd Jan. I couldn't do Wolves away if it remained on Boxing Day but now it's been knocked back a day I can go and with it being an evening kick-off it should be a cracking day out on the piss, plus the trains are running on the 27th whereas they're not on the 26th. Similarly, the Sunday 6pm game at home to Sheffield United is decent enough for me too but it's shite for those who have to be in work the following day.

Reactions: mat
While I agree with the statement that the festive fixture list isn't kind to us, the fact that any inconvenience to match-going fans isn't even mentioned in the statement is a fucking joke. As a match-going fan, that's my primary concern. The impact on our players is for the manager and coaching staff to deal with and they get paid very good money for it.

For those that don't have the luxury of being off work throughout the whole festive period, it's utter dogshit. From a purely selfish point of view though, the new schedule suits me better. I finish work on the 24th, or perhaps the 23rd if we get everything done, and not back in until 2nd Jan. I couldn't do Wolves away if it remained on Boxing Day but now it's been knocked back a day I can go and with it being an evening kick-off it should be a cracking day out on the piss, plus the trains are running on the 27th whereas they're not on the 26th. Similarly, the Sunday 6pm game at home to Sheffield United is decent enough for me too but it's shite for those who have to be in work the following day.
Better fixtures than we’ve had for a few seasons at Christmas. we have been away on Boxing Day, away for the game in between Xmas and New Year (plenty of people off work until the New Year), supposedly at home on NYD inly for those games to be moved to the 2nd or 3rd Jan when plenty or people returned to work. Xmas and New Year, over indulge, over spend, back to work first day, all you want to do is get the day over and go home and recover your strength but we’ve had to as the Dippers say “go again”. This festive break is pretty good I’d say, only gripe being Wolves on the Friday but it’s not the end of the world.

Not that this makes things any better for our players, but worth bearing in mind Liverpool will play in the Club World Cup on the 18th December & more than likely in the final on the 21st December in Qatar.

That means at some point they have to fit the West Ham game away plus a potential Quarter final in the League Cup if they beat Arsenal at home in the 4th round as the QF is due to be played the week they in Qatar. That QF would have to be played in early Jan at some point as the first leg of the semi's are due to be played week commencing 6th Jan.

Like i said, doesn't make it any better for us but worth flagging up

Not that this makes things any better for our players, but worth bearing in mind Liverpool will play in the Club World Cup on the 18th December & more than likely in the final on the 21st December in Qatar.

That means at some point they have to fit the West Ham game away plus a potential Quarter final in the League Cup if they beat Arsenal at home in the 4th round as the QF is due to be played the week they in Qatar. That QF would have to be played in early Jan at some point as the first leg of the semi's are due to be played week commencing 6th Jan.

Like i said, doesn't make it any better for us but worth flagging up
Which will hopefully have the same effect as the warm weather training camps they went on last year.

Your sums are a bit out there, Fri, Sun and Wed is 6 days not 5. and the Dippers play three games over 8 days. However, would you prefer the NYD game to be moved to the 2nd Jan like theirs (and ours for at least the last couple of seasons)? I for one am happy with a home fixture on NYD.
We play Friday night and complete the 3rd game on Wednesday night so I am right I'm afraid.
If the club is unhappy , we bloody well should be to.

We play Friday night and complete the 3rd game on Wednesday night so I am right I'm afraid.
If the club is unhappy , we bloody well should be to.
Most teams are playing Thursday and Sunday which is recognised as two games in three days which is the same as our Friday/Sunday, we don’t play until the Wednesday so that’s two full days off and technically the Sunday/Wednesday games are classed as two games in four days just as if we were playing PL and CL games. Under your reasoning the Dippers play 3 games in 7 days not 8. Its days, not hours.
Edit, realise Dippers are 8 days technically as they are Thursday to Thursday but as stated I wouldn’t want the NYD match moving.

Last edited:
Most teams are playing Thursday and Sunday which is recognised as two games in three days which is the same as our Friday/Sunday, we don’t play until the Wednesday so that’s two full days off and technically the Sunday/Wednesday games are classed as two games in four days just as if we were playing PL and CL games. Under your reasoning the Dippers play 3 games in 7 days not 8. Its days, not hours.

...is not enough to show I care

gap between games
Arsenal - Thurs , Sun , Wed 6 days ( 3 + 3)
City - Fri , Sun , Wed 5 days (2 + 3 )
Lpool - Thurs , Sun , Thurs 7 days (3 + 4)
Spurs - Thurs , Sat , Wed 6 days (2 + 4)
Rags - Thurs , Sat , Tues 5 days (2 + 3)

It seems pretty clear cut to me. City Sheffield is not even on TV.
Open your eyes pal , it's all around you.

like always the fans have to find away ??? football and the premier league need to start to look for how fans get to and from games and the time it takes to get back home, rail travel is crazy to not happening at times, coach/car trips take hours, but they don't care because somebody in Indian and china are watching at prime time slots

I did same last year, so that sounds interesting. How are they offering you another free trial? Is it by email?

When I was ordering some books earlier this week. It's not really a problem for me as I'm thinking of joining Prime anyway.

They will want as many people as possible to do the free trial subscription for a month and hope (expect) that some of them will stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.