Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm much more content when he starts at 6. I thought he did very well today. The first half was obviously much better. I find it ironic he's much more willing to create chances playing as a 6 rather than an 8 but I love the threat forward he brings when he starts as a 6.

Thought he was decent, apart from the last 5 mins where he got very sloppy.
I appreciated most of what he did today, but that series of loose passes that put us under pressure is difficult to overlook — one of them could have easily lead to Palace’s opener if not for Eddie continually showing he is one of the best keepers in the world.

David and Dinho both had a few, as well, mind, though that’s not an excuse for Ilkay.

I am sure Pep and staff will take a more balanced approach than many on here and rightly praise his best contributions, whilst also pointing out those lapses to ensure improvement moving forward.

Pep sticks with him and so easy to see why a rolls Royce of a player. We got him for a steal I can't believe we got him and so cheap.

Thought it was a mistake to start him today , but as usual he makes people eat their words , our best midfielder and kept Palace under pressure in the first half with his continued probing and movement , he will never get the recognition he deserves on this forum , but he is an important member of our squad and a quality footballer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.