Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes him inconsistent then, he can go from world class to non league standard from one week to another, his last outing for us wasn't worth his retention today, but today is more than worth his retention next time out, its a puzzle to most.

It's not that puzzling. When paired with Silva as 8's he's shit and we're shit.

Every other scenario he's somewhere between good and excellent.

So when he’s not paired with the best 8 in the world he’s shit? That’s not exactly a glaring endorsement and that where 100% of the agitation comes from.

He’s the whole cause of the Foden debacle.
Supposedly Bernardo was going to transition to an 8 too which isn’t happening. So for me it’s fair game to take shots at him when he plays forward.

Having said all of that, he did a job as a 6 which is where he should log all minutes baring cup / occasional league games.

So its Silva that is the issue in your opinion ? OK. He's inconsistent its not that hard, can be world class, can be non league level.

I praised him for today, as I always do when he plays well, and I rarely slate him when he's poor, as I feel its easier to stay away from it.

You'll be right anyway, so there won't be much point me continuing the discussion.

So its Silva that is the issue in your opinion ? OK. He's inconsistent its not that hard, can be world class, can be non league level.

I praised him for today, as I always do when he plays well, and I rarely slate him when he's poor, as I feel its easier to stay away from it.

You'll be right anyway, so there won't be much point me continuing the discussion.

It's the combination of the 2 IMO, so neither one is to blame, they just don't work well as a pairing.

No. That's not what I said.

That’s what’s inferred and is also factual. We had another great game with him outside of the position in question. I think it’s lazy that Silva gets lumped into the equation when Gundogan gets put into question.

It makes him inconsistent then, he can go from world class to non league standard from one week to another, his last outing for us wasn't worth his retention today, but today is more than worth his retention next time out, its a puzzle to most.
I'm sorry but that's not what I said, you shouldn't twist words like that.

Gundogan doesn't go from world class to non-league standard, even if you are embellishing, his level of play is always high.

But as dom mentioned above, and as I noticed these last 2 years, he isn't his best when playing with David as both are too slow to drive play forward, and if they are both our 8s the performance looks bad and everybody blames Gundogan.

As a 6 he is by far better, and I most definitely disagree with you here that he has had many poor performances as a 6. He might have had some games where he didn't make the best decision or he didn't go in for that tackle, but taking his entire game into account, he is one of the best 6s in the world... I think he is comparable to busquets in terms of quality here. I stand by it, his performances last season is my proof, where is your proof he is so poor?

As a 6 he is by far better, and I most definitely disagree with you here that he has had many poor performances as a 6.
I didn't say he'd had many either, he's had some though, he's also had good games as a more forward midfielder, and that's the point, its the inconsistency over all.

Neither did i say "so poor".

Anyway played well today.

I'm sorry but that's not what I said, you shouldn't twist words like that.

Gundogan doesn't go from world class to non-league standard, even if you are embellishing, his level of play is always high.

But as dom mentioned above, and as I noticed these last 2 years, he isn't his best when playing with David as both are too slow to drive play forward, and if they are both our 8s the performance looks bad and everybody blames Gundogan.

As a 6 he is by far better, and I most definitely disagree with you here that he has had many poor performances as a 6. He might have had some games where he didn't make the best decision or he didn't go in for that tackle, but taking his entire game into account, he is one of the best 6s in the world... I think he is comparable to busquets in terms of quality here. I stand by it, his performances last season is my proof, where is your proof he is so poor?

He isn’t his best when he plays with Dave but it’s undeniable that he doesn’t score or assist when he plays as an 8 and look what Dave did today...he sealed the game. It’s not fair to make it into a dave/Gundogan combo issue when it’s a Gundogan issue because dave impacts goals. I’d keep my mouth shut and accept Gundogan as a squad player but we have strong evidence that Phil puts up the end result like Dave does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.