• Gundogan

• David Silva

• Bernardo Silva

• Jesus

• Sterling

• Stones

• Foden

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have dropped Silva for this game and then he put in his best performance of the season. Those saves from Eddie were simply world class but David gets my vote. Only negative is we really need to finish better.

We HAVE to start taking more of our chances. The reason why is no matter how dominant we are in a game we always give the opposition at least two good chances. Today Ederson saved them but often teams have one or two shots on target and they end up in our net.

For the Zaha chance we had at least three reasonable chances to have got the ball away, but trying to be too intricate and lay off a delicate pass put us right in the mire. Ederson was rightly furious.

Look at today, a game we dominated from start to finish and should have scored six, yet one cross and one mix up and we could have ended up with a 2-2 draw. Crazy.

Just in case you missed it...

We didn't end up with a 2-2 draw.

We were, by far, the best team.

We played beautiful football.

We had a clean sheet.

We got 3 points.

We don't "HAVE" to take more of our chances... just enough of them to win... just as we did in this game... easily.

JJ

Sorry if already covered, was the DeBruyne penalty shout discussed on Match of the Day?

Just in case you missed it...

We didn't end up with a 2-2 draw.

We were, by far, the best team.

We played beautiful football.

We had a clean sheet.

We got 3 points.

We don't "HAVE" to take more of our chances... just enough of them to win... just as we did in this game... easily.

JJ

I didn't miss anything, I watched the game.

Let's turn your analogy on it's head to the Spur's game. All of your points are exactly the same except we DID end up with s 2-2 draw, we DIDN'T keep a clean sheet, we DIDN'T get three points. Why? Because we missed a shedload of decent chances.

It's easy to say " We dont HAVE to take all our chances just enough to win the game" when we have won it. Two superb Ederson saves ensured we did. It just makes the job and watching it harder. At three or four nil they aren't coming back and will go into damage limitation mode. Pep alludes to how many chances we miss in almost every post match interview. Why? Because he knows it will cost us, as it did against Spur's. Sometimes I think our player's get blasé thinking, " Oh it's okay, I'll get another chance in a minute." He knows that won't always be the case.

Great win away at a tricky place, two things we need now:

build fucking momentum and keep winning PL games no matter what two more "easier" games until we have to go to Anfield which is the acid test. Until then Villa home, Soton home, should be 6 points no matter what.

And we need Liverpool to start dropping points, I dont want to go into the Anfield game with still 8 points behind.With our record there and defensive issues we have right now, we need Pool to drop some points until then. They have United and Spurs as well until then, the form of these are crap but a big game might bring something out of them. Still wouldnt bet a penny on United helping us or themsleves today. Solskjaer is too dumb of a manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.