#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a player who scores a decent amount of 'headers' he can't actually head the ball to save his life.

It's impressive. So long as it goes in though.

He’s a year younger than Agüero was when we signed Agüero and already has 50 goals on him in a City shirt.

His work rate is relentless, his heading is excellent, he’s got a hell of a lot of improving to do but signs are looking good.

5 starts, 5 goals so far. 3 starts in the league, 3 goals. We are lucky to have a talent like him patiently waiting for his chances to help the team.

Some of his close control was incredible yesterday. Reminiscent of Bernardo. He needs shooting for not picking out Kev, but other than that, I thought he looked good.

That was his 50th goal in 108 games yesterday, 46 of which are from the bench

He’s about to erupt on the Prem imo, can see the class oozing out!
I said in his thread from last season, that #9s are very rarely already great players early in their careers. Wingers seem to develop more quickly or be trusted to play in teams much more than #9s do at a young age.

Of all the world’s top strikers over the last 10-15 years at Jesus’ age, apart from Rooney and Higuain, they were all at the minor clubs of their careers and just showing potential. From Agüero, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski, Benzema, Drogba, Suarez and Cavani to Costa, Firmino, van Persie and Henry... some of them weren’t even playing as a #9 at 22 years old, and they weren’t at the clubs they made their names at yet.

He’s bubbling, you can sense something big is about to happen with this lad.

He’s become a man over the last couple of years, really filled out muscularly and has more determination to stay on his feet and keep/win the ball compared to when he first came to us.

He does tend to scuff shots but if he can work on his finishing, this lad is going to be some player!

For a player who scores a decent amount of 'headers' he can't actually head the ball to save his life.

His heading is like a David De Gea save. What should be a routine header made to look as spectacular as possible.

I think he’s really good at heading it. I know yesterday’s was off his shoulder but he’s scored some excellent headers for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.