Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
How fcuking arrogant was Keane when he said just go and get Kane while they in disarray! For one with the scums financials in next couple of years dont look great spending 170/200m on one player will not solve there problems.

and there lies the problem the so called united way of just buy your way out

Keane and neville are clueless that's why they are pundits and not in football as coaches or managers ?? the united way or we should say the fergie way, was buy all the best players you can and give one or 2 youth a game, there squads was over crowded with big money signings they even called it a 3 year plan and start again (the united way)

football had enough of fergie and united its was stinking the place out and the premier league would have folded by now if not for the money men buying clubs and taking them on, so from around 2005 when chelsea and abramovich started buying up all the players, united just had to turn up and signed them without anybody else getting near the asking price but from that time on united knew it could not just stock pile players anymore

but the real problem was they did not see manchester city taking the game to another level and even chelsea was blown out of the water never mind united, and now the game is leaving clubs like united in a mess because they are now longer a power house club that can buy its way out of trouble and players want big money and silverware and not just a name and badge

the future of the game is now not about pasted glory and going to the so called biggest club because they won silverware in the 1990s or 2000s that means fuck all to them, the future is what they want and they want the right to put their names into the history books and have a big big bank balance to boot and only manchester city have both

Here's hoping, but this one is also at Anfield where teams forget how to play football.

Notwithstanding that Spurs are currently in an appalling run of form, we have largely outplayed Liverpool at Anfield the last two times we played there - albeit gaining only the one point over the two games.

Notwithstanding that Spurs are currently in an appalling run of form, we have largely outplayed Liverpool at Anfield the last two times we played there - albeit gaining only the one point over the two games.
If you double your point tally on Sunday, I for one will welcome you back on here with open arms (almost!)

Good question. Genuinely, I don't know. I'm not sure that anyone outside of the club does. And I'm not sure that it can be pinned down to just the one reason.

But, if I had to guess, I would say that there are two likely major causes.

1. There are three senior players who are free to negotiate with other clubs in January. Three previously key players who are hugely underperforming and possibly weakening team spirit....

2. Poch has been at the club for five years now. And a large proportion of the first team have been there with him throughout most of that time. It's therefore very possible that things have become stale. There comes a time when players will no longer respond to the same coaches in the required manner. They've seen it all before. They need to be moved on.

You won't thank me, I'm sure, for the reference but Alex Ferguson understood that turnover of players was essential for sustained success. In his time at United, he created three or four serial winning teams, retaining only a core of players from the previous winning team. I think that that's where Spurs are at now. For my part, I hope that they know it.
Fair reply on an opposing teams forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.