Old song

Love this song,iv got it on an Mp3 with city lads singing it,to the tune of matchstick men

We were born in gorton,we moved to moss side
from there our name spread far and wide
everybody's seen a sky blue shirt
from old aged men with hair like snow
to 5 years olds who beg to go
stood side by side
they watch their team with pride

And people ask you who you support and you tell em
and they dont know why,why ?
doesn't matter if theyv'e won or lost
just as long as they tried
no man u or aresenal for me
its Bell Lee Summerbee
i'll be a kippax kid
until the day i die

na na na na na na na na na na City
Great lyrics those,whoever came up with them must have been a genius lyricist. I must confess I have never heard it sung by anybody,whether in the pub or at a game.
It must be from the late 70s/early 80s as Brian and Michael had the original song as a hit in 1978.
Also fitting that a pop tune that has been adopted to a football song,is about a very well known City fan, L.S Lowry.

Great lyrics those,whoever came up with them must have been a genius lyricist. I must confess I have never heard it sung by anybody,whether in the pub or at a game.
It must be from the late 70s/early 80s as Brian and Michael had the original song as a hit in 1978.
Also fitting that a pop tune that has been adopted to a football song,is about a very well known City fan, L.S Lowry.
I wish i knew how to upload the MP3 i have of this song,its only about 1minute 30 secs

"We've got an M an A an N a C an I T Y, we've got the greatest football team that money couldn't buy, We come from Maine Road Manchester and City is our name, City is our name" gets sung at away games once in awhile.

"In 1963..." should get sung more.

"We were born in Gorton then we moved to Moss Side" - another classic which you never hear any more
I thought it was"we come from Maine Road Manchester we're going to win the league and when it comes around again you're sure to hear us sing" ?

Just managed to play it and record it on my mobile and upload it to youtube,Iv had this song for about 15 years,cant even remember where i downloaded it,i love it though.

stood side by side
its Bell Lee Summerbee
i'll be a kippax kid
until the day i die

Just managed to play it and record it on my mobile and upload it to youtube,Iv had this song for about 15 years,cant even remember where i downloaded it,i love it though.

stood side by side
its Bell Lee Summerbee
i'll be a kippax kid
until the day i die

Well done on uploading it. As mentioned earlier in the post I have never heard it before,but well worth listening to.

KC and the Sunshine Band.... Live it up
NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa City's going up going up City's going up
Fond memories in the Kippax when we was a yoyo club in the 80's

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.