******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can nobody have picked Chris Gayle really

He can take 20 balls to get going, which would be a bit of an innings killer if you only have 100 balls. The Manchester side made some interesting choices, how can you be so worried about Vilas that you pass up the opportunity to get Warner, Shakib or any of the other overseas.

He can take 20 balls to get going, which would be a bit of an innings killer if you only have 100 balls. The Manchester side made some interesting choices, how can you be so worried about Vilas that you pass up the opportunity to get Warner, Shakib or any of the other overseas.

I wasn't meaning Manchester to get him,I meant any team,he could get a few 6's in the first 20 balls as well.

Manchester's team on paper looks ordinary,but we will see

The team that catches my eye is the Southern Team with the 'West Indies' fast bowling trio of Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer and Andre Russell.

Only issue is that because T20 is a sloggers game their pace can actually be used against them with rank wafts of the bat.

Manchester do look a bit underwhelming, and with Buttler not available for the whole tournament seem to lack a bit of star quality to pull in the crowds. I agree that the Southampton team look like the ones to watch.

Manchester do look a bit underwhelming, and with Buttler not available for the whole tournament seem to lack a bit of star quality to pull in the crowds. I agree that the Southampton team look like the ones to watch.
Perhaps not picking a load of super-stars might result in a better overall team?

The Manchester team is a disappointing. You do want a couple of big names.
Chris Gayle would have been the perfect signing in the top bracket. If Manchester were that desperate for Dane Vilas just pick him up next. No one else would value him as high as Manchester did.

Perhaps not picking a load of super-stars might result in a better overall team?

This is presumably the plan, and I hope it works. But I'd personally at least have gone for Glenn Maxwell, who I think could have been a genuine match-winner in this format and has just had a successful stint as an overseas player at Lancashire, where he seemed to fit really well into the team ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.