City Maintain Premier League Record Of 18 Wins In A Row!

Even if they had equalled the record we would still have held the record, it's the first time it is done that counts.

In their run of 17 wins they got lucky on 5 occasions:
  • Fulham (A) - Keeper dropped a rick leading to the penalty that won the game.
  • Spurs (H) - Complete clanger by Spurs defence lead to last minute winner.
  • Newcastle (A) - Award of free kick after Scouser dived lead to the winning goal 4 minutes from time.
  • Sheffield U. (A) - Keeper let ball roll between his legs for only goal of the game.
  • Leicester (H) - Albrighton buggering about led to winning penalty in the 5th minute of added time.
I am fairly sure we did not have as much good fortune as that bunch of tossers did.
There were a couple of late winners in that run. Away at Huddersfield and at home to Saints spring to mind straight away. I'm still seeing Mendy hobbling up the touchline, chasing Sterling who went haring down the touchline celebrating his late winner against Southampton. The medical staff must have had a fit watching him!

There were a couple of late winners in that run. Away at Huddersfield and at home to Saints spring to mind straight away. I'm still seeing Mendy hobbling up the touchline, chasing Sterling who went haring down the touchline celebrating his late winner against Southampton. The medical staff must have had a fit watching him!
Bloody hell yes that image of Mendy hopping down the touch line still makes me chuckle.

Don't you remember last season sky kept saying us and the Scousers are on a 20 game unbeaten run when in reality we'd won 12 and they'd won 8 at the time?
Absolute shithouses the press, so wide of the mark with facts and fuckin hate us.
Yeah, I remember Gary Neville kept saying how remarkable it was that we both won the last 14 games under such immense pressure when in fact it was us that won 14 and Liverpool won 9. Quite a big difference.

Bournemouth late winner that Raz scored and sent off a game changer for me.

All these runs or ‘hoodoos’ always come to an end at some point.

We didn’t win a Derby for 14 years, we didn’t win at the Swamp for decades, we didn’t win at Arsenal for decades, we always seemed to lose to Boro and struggled at Goodison for a good while... there’s one left - Anfield.

It’s time that one was thrown in the bin n’all and I do have a bit of a feeling about us going there and winning next month!
*cough*...... thirteen....

The dippers cannot have been scared by that rag team,i think the pressure to equal the record got to them,not that it would have been our record they equalled given they had a 3mth holiday inbetween,the fact that klopp said we weren't thinking about the record and we haven't even talked about told me the opposite was the case

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.