#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was not at his best last night especially in the first half and yet he is allowed to get away with it given his excellent performance this season.

I don't know about Titmuss's left foot but all I can say, with mutual respect, is that we are never perfect.
Do not argue with somebody who thinks that he is perfect while he fails to see the obvious: POTY, a contender for ballon d’or for the second time in his career, winner of best African player award, serious candidate for the same award this year ahead of Salah, arguably the best player of AFCON, city player of the month and winner of load of trophies.

Needs to have a run of a few games to see him at his best, the stop start approach of games,(which has to happen with our squad) is never gonna help him,as shown last night.

Didn't start v Palace then that happens last night,so probably won't start v Villa neither now

Last edited:
That's true enough, Walker had a difficult time but I thought Mahrez was a contributory cause rather than the victim of that. There was one occason when his lack of commitment was really exposed - he just stopped running to allow their keeper to get to a ball he should have buried. A gifted player maybe but a poor buy.

He was never getting to that ball before keeper. Not sure Sterling or Sane would.

That's true enough, Walker had a difficult time but I thought Mahrez was a contributory cause rather than the victim of that. There was one occason when his lack of commitment was really exposed - he just stopped running to allow their keeper to get to a ball he should have buried. A gifted player maybe but a poor buy.

He has helped the team win all domestic trophies last season. He scored the goal for our 1:0 wins against Spurs away and Palace away, he assisted also the 2nd goal against Brighton away and scored the 3rd to seal the win and the title. He's being adapting to a completely new system and is showing signs of stepping up this season.

To say "a gifted player maybe" is bewildering. Do you have any doubts about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.