Travelling to Milan (Atalanta)

I'm a blue (season ticket holder for about 12 years, 1993-2005) who lives in the north of Italy. I don't know Milan that well but will be coming to the game. Am going to try and get tickets for a couple of italian mates, they are Torino fans really but would like to come and support City for this match.

they know blue moon but i'll have to teach them some other songs.

I hope you are aware that any tickets sold by City have the buyers name detailed on the back so it might be worth contacting the club to see how you can get tickets for your mates

Your going to be popular
What is safest?
Wear a 'I bought my ticket through Corporate' and stand there in the away end at Anfield and Atalanta
Or wear any City colours with our friendly brick throwing scousers and knife wielding Italians :-)

What is safest?
Wear a 'I bought my ticket through Corporate' and stand there in the away end at Anfield and Atalanta
Or wear any City colours with our friendly brick throwing scousers and knife wielding Italians :-)

I have the misfortune of being in the cesspit that is Liverpool this week due to work, lastnight even though their was no football on I noticed a group of pissed up scousers start by showing their scouse charm by throwing beer and glasses at a couple of Asian tourists in front of the bouncers and police who did fuck all. The Asian lads were obviously deserving of such a hospital visit from such welcoming scouse hospitality as well one of them was a bit stupid and and a rag pin badge on his jacket.

What is safest?

You taking it too literal mate.

Do what you got to do

I went to Milan recently via Bergamo Airport, so I thought I'd pass on what I know.
It cost 7 Euros to get a bus from the airport to the train station in the city centre, same price to get back to the airport. It takes just under an hour, and is 48km to Milan (according to the road sign I saw as we left the airport). You can buy your ticket outside the bus and the stops are just outside the airport, but you can also book in advance and that might be an idea seeing as there will be plenty of blues arriving at the same time. We used a firm called Terravision and it was a doddle - booked online from the airport, paid at the bus on the way back.
When you get to Milan there is a travel ticket you can buy for 7 euros which gets you on all the buses and the metro. The same ticket is 12 euros for 3 days, so definitely get that if you're staying for more than a day.
The metro system is basically like the London underground. The lines are all colour coded - they may have names but you don't have to know the names. To get to the San Siro you need to get on the purple line, which takes you right to the ground. Trams run late enough for you to get back to the city centre after the match.
It was on average 6-7 euros a pint, and you can get a decent pizza for 7-10 euros. The ice cream is also worth a try if you can be arsed.
We went for a few beers in the Navigli area of Milan. You can get the tram there, and there are plenty of decent bars there.
Also, I tried to speak Italian (well, I said grazie, ciao and buon giorno a lot) but was surprised how many people spoke English.

is any one else on the 14:10 flight from Manchester to bergamo on match day?

I went to Milan recently via Bergamo Airport, so I thought I'd pass on what I know.
It cost 7 Euros to get a bus from the airport to the train station in the city centre, same price to get back to the airport. It takes just under an hour, and is 48km to Milan (according to the road sign I saw as we left the airport). You can buy your ticket outside the bus and the stops are just outside the airport, but you can also book in advance and that might be an idea seeing as there will be plenty of blues arriving at the same time. We used a firm called Terravision and it was a doddle - booked online from the airport, paid at the bus on the way back.
When you get to Milan there is a travel ticket you can buy for 7 euros which gets you on all the buses and the metro. The same ticket is 12 euros for 3 days, so definitely get that if you're staying for more than a day.
The metro system is basically like the London underground. The lines are all colour coded - they may have names but you don't have to know the names. To get to the San Siro you need to get on the purple line, which takes you right to the ground. Trams run late enough for you to get back to the city centre after the match.
It was on average 6-7 euros a pint, and you can get a decent pizza for 7-10 euros. The ice cream is also worth a try if you can be arsed.
We went for a few beers in the Navigli area of Milan. You can get the tram there, and there are plenty of decent bars there.
Also, I tried to speak Italian (well, I said grazie, ciao and buon giorno a lot) but was surprised how many people spoke English.
Nice one mate

Just had a text from my lad to say his hotel in Milan has cancelled his booking for him & his mate....twats.

Can anyone point out decent accommodation for the pair of them as he's thinking of getting somewhere when he arrives which I'm not keen on him doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.