Great Britain Lions Rugby League Tour 2019

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 77198

rlphotos-HanleyEllery_906122a.jpg

The Great Britain Lions rugby league team are back!

Four games, including a two-test series against The Kiwis.

Saturday, 26 October
Tonga v Great Britain, Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
07:30 - BBC Two

Saturday, 2 November
New Zealand v Great Britain, Eden Park, Auckland

03:30 - BBC Two
Repeat 09:30 - BBC Red Button

Saturday, 9 November
New Zealand v Great Britain, Christchurch Stadium

06:30 - BBC Two
Repeat 09:30 - BBC Red Button

Saturday, 16 November
Papua New Guinea v Great Britain, Port Moresby

07:00 - BBC Two
Repeat 11:30 - BBC Red Button

We have a few injuries, but the squad is:
James Graham (St George Illawarra Dragons; captain)
Blake Austin (Warrington Wolves)
John Bateman (Canberra Raiders)
Tom Burgess (South Sydney)
Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves)
Jake Connor (Hull FC)
Lachlan Coote (St Helens)
Oliver Gildart (Wigan Warriors)
Zak Hardaker (Wigan Warriors)
Jackson Hastings (Wigan Warriors)
Ryan Hall (Sydney Roosters)
Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves)
Josh Hodgson (Canberra Raiders)
Jack Hughes (Warrington Wolves)
Josh Jones (Hull FC)
Jonny Lomax (St Helens)
Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants)
Joe Philbin (Warrington Wolves)
Luke Thompson (St Helens)
Jake Trueman (Castleford Tigers)
Alex Walmsley (St Helens)
Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders)
Gareth Widdop (Warrington Wolves)
George Williams (Canberra Raiders)

Looking forward to it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to the lads went on the 88 tour happy days. That was to Aussie soz.
That’s when tours were proper tours and the Lions played a number of club or local rep sides as well as the test matches.

Just glad to see Great Britain and the iconic kit back, even if it is only a four match tour.

One of my boyhood heroes that fella in that picture,fantastic player he was,kept a pretty low personal life,certainly whilst playing,never spoke to media,but did hear one pretty bad story but as a player,wow,a proper warrior.

That’s when tours were proper tours and the Lions played a number of club or local rep sides as well as the test matches.

Just glad to see Great Britain and the iconic kit back, even if it is only a four match tour.
Great days I loved the Aussie and Kiwi tours during the 80's and 90's, seen some bloody great players during that era.

I really wish I cared about rugby in any format, but ai don't and find it dull from game to fan to those wank kits.

Though those that do I hope you enjoy the tournament

Great days I loved the Aussie and Kiwi tours during the 80's and 90's, seen some bloody great players during that era.

Definitely,not the same these days,I mean I watched Aus v NZ this morning,not too impressed,but the Aussies as per usual,beasts,easy enough win without breaking sweat,Mal Meninga the coach,he was a beast.....but played for the scousers unfortunately when he was over here as you will know.

I really wish I cared about rugby in any format, but ai don't and find it dull from game to fan to those wank kits.

Though those that do I hope you enjoy the tournament

League was always better to watch than Union until they tidied it up,once the money came through.but I still prefer league

The British & Irish Lions are the biggest thing in union, i'm glad to see the Lions back in rugby league

Definitely,not the same these days,I mean I watched Aus v NZ this morning,not too impressed,but the Aussies as per usual,beasts,easy enough win without breaking sweat,Mal Meninga the coach,he was a beast.....but played for the scousers unfortunately when he was over. here as you will know.
Ha ha, out of interest during that period would you pick games, just to see some of the Aussie greats. Like go to Wakefield just to see Wally play, or St Helens to see Mal, I know I did. Then we had the challenge cup final 85 - Sterling, Kenny, Fergerson, Muggleton,Then the Kiwi players on both sides, throw in some Brit lads and the best final ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.