"WWYWYWS"

Normally I don't notice the early leavers that much because sitting on the front row and watching the match means I don't really see them but yesterday was an exception. When John Stones got injured and then had to change his shorts in full view of.................. mmmmmmmmm a few thousand people (!!) and Ederson got injured and play stopped for a minute or so then I looked around me and went WHAT, where are all the fans, where are the supporters? It was like the fire alarm had gone off and I hadn't heard it!! Come on people, the rain had stopped by then and anyway unless you are in the first few rows of the lower level (where I am) you don't notice the rain that much. I know this is an old fashioned view but then I am old fashioned, but that is what watching football is all about. Wet, muddy, snowy, windy, just plain British weather! Crikey I don't know how some people would have gone on watching in the past.

As for the noise, even I was embarrassed with myself yesterday because I was trying to do some shouting and 'singing' but it was like a morgue around me and I felt as if I was intruding on someone's funeral, normally there is at least a little bit of noise, not singing but just murmuring, but yesterday it was dire.

Sorry to be so negative but it really got to me yesterday. I thought I might have calmed down overnight but I haven't............... :-(

Normally I don't notice the early leavers that much because sitting on the front row and watching the match means I don't really see them but yesterday was an exception. When John Stones got injured and then had to change his shorts in full view of.................. mmmmmmmmm a few thousand people (!!) and Ederson got injured and play stopped for a minute or so then I looked around me and went WHAT, where are all the fans, where are the supporters? It was like the fire alarm had gone off and I hadn't heard it!! Come on people, the rain had stopped by then and anyway unless you are in the first few rows of the lower level (where I am) you don't notice the rain that much. I know this is an old fashioned view but then I am old fashioned, but that is what watching football is all about. Wet, muddy, snowy, windy, just plain British weather! Crikey I don't know how some people would have gone on watching in the past.

As for the noise, even I was embarrassed with myself yesterday because I was trying to do some shouting and 'singing' but it was like a morgue around me and I felt as if I was intruding on someone's funeral, normally there is at least a little bit of noise, not singing but just murmuring, but yesterday it was dire.

Sorry to be so negative but it really got to me yesterday. I thought I might have calmed down overnight but I haven't............... :-(
Spot on!

Yesterday was an early kick off so where was everyone going at 14:05?

Would those 15000 fans not have been able to come yesterday had it been a 15:00 kick off since they all had to leave at 14:05?

People can say “people can do what they want” “it’s got nothing to do with you why they leave early”, but it’s getting to the point now where I’m going to start joining in with the away fans when they chant “your support is fucking shit” at these deserters.

And in terms of noise, the silent fans are starting to decrease my enjoyment of games. After a defeat in our last home league game I and a few I sit with were well up for it. I’ve said elsewhere that I go to the football for two reasons: one, to watch a football match, two, to be part of an atmosphere. Football is 50:50 what goes on on the pitch and what goes on in the stands.

I’m not feeling part of a fanbase anymore with our fans. We aren’t one fanbase anymore. I feel like there are people who care, people who turn up because they think they should or out of habit but don’t really care that much, and daytrippers.

We haven’t always been full of singing over the years but there was always much more of an involvement in the game from the crowd right the way through my time going to City games since 1989.

We have become a bit of a laughing stock and rightly so. We deserve every single “your support is fucking shit” “is there are fire drill” “ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh” chant aimed at us.

People don’t have to sing for 90minutes, but fuck me get involved in the game!

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on!

Would those 15000 fans not have been able to come yesterday had it been a 15:00 kick off since they all had to leave at 14:05?

People can say “people can do what they want” “it’s got nothing to do with you why they leave early”, but it’s getting to the point now where I’m going to start joining in with the away fans when they chant “your support is fucking shit” at these deserters.
Another excellent point well made.

We should just sing

We were here when we were shit Or
30,000 when we were shit (repeat)

We just sarcastically cheer when it’s sung to us now, which doesn’t really make sense

No matter what time we kick off people will always go early, never worked out where they are all going . Happens at all grounds but I think we’re are probably the worst in the premier league.

No matter what time we kick off people will always go early, never worked out where they are all going . Happens at all grounds but I think we’re are probably the worst in the premier league.
I also don’t get the “5 mins to half time got to go for a beer” guys either. That’s the same thing. I say this as someone who more than likes a drink but how people can not last 45 mins each way and 15 mins break without needing a drink is beyond me if it means missing the game which is the sole reason for being there!

Away fans take the piss. That’s what they do. That’s what we do when we’re away. As long as there’s no violence or racism they can do what they want. If we’re going to sit quietly and not drown them out we can’t complain.

Exactly some City fans being over sensitive again, hence why the away fans sing it to us as they know it gets a rise.

We used to do it with United for years with song about cockneys, pride of singapore etc.

All just good natured bants and if it stokes a reaction fair play to them. The lack of originality bothers me more.

Spot on!

And in terms of noise, the silent fans are starting to decrease my enjoyment of games. After a defeat in our last home league game I and a few I sit with were well up for it. I’ve said elsewhere that I go to the football for two reasons: one, to watch a football match, two, to be part of an atmosphere. Football is 50:50 what goes on on the pitch and what goes on in the stands.

I’m not feeling part of a fanbase anymore with our fans. We aren’t one fanbase anymore. I feel like there are people who care, people who turn up because they think they should or out of habit but don’t really care that much, and daytrippers.

We haven’t always been full of singing over the years but there was always much more of an involvement in the game from the crowd right the way through my time going to City games since 1989.

We have become a bit of a laughing stock and rightly so. We deserve every single “your support is fucking shit” “is there are fire drill” “ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh” chant aimed at us.

People don’t have to sing for 90minutes, but fuck me get involved in the game!

How many other premier league grounds have you been to over the last couple of years and sat with the home fans?
The reason I ask is cos I agree with your post, but my suspicion is that it’s a premier league issue, not a city issue, though I could be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.