Worried about the EDS

Could be a number of things as to why they keep it under wraps.

1. Keep the attention off the youngsters, keep them out of the limelight and more grounded. If they're not personalities they're less likely to get in trouble in public.
2. Keep opposition clubs from having too much data and knowledge of them, especially the likes of German clubs who like poaching young players. I know they can send scouts but it makes it as hard as possible.
3. Stop the media and fan clamour for people to be called up like they do with Foden, and as happened with Sancho and Diaz who became known, who became in demand and then got coaxed out. If they'd stayed behind closed doors and nobody saw anything of them they'd have had less bargaining power and may not have been enticed to move so young.

1. Keep the attention off the youngsters, keep them out of the limelight and more grounded. If they're not personalities they're less likely to get in trouble in public.
2. Keep opposition clubs from having too much data and knowledge of them, especially the likes of German clubs who like poaching young players. I know they can send scouts but it makes it as hard as possible.
3. Stop the media and fan clamour for people to be called up like they do with Foden, and as happened with Sancho and Diaz who became known, who became in demand and then got coaxed out. If they'd stayed behind closed doors and nobody saw anything of them they'd have had less bargaining power and may not have been enticed to move so young.

Quite reasonable that. It's not the case that the bosses don't care about the academy and the fans.

I think that is correct, and there's a potential 4th which I've mentioned before, and that is child safeguarding, which given that we play kids 2 or 3 years up age wise, with 15 year olds playing for the U18's, and parents might object to their kids being publicised in such a way.

Another loss tonight, 2-0 at home to Leicester. Surely Harsley won’t last the season.

I think people are underestimating how young our team is, the average age of our outfield tonight was 17, Leicesters averages was 20. That's a big difference in experience, strength etc.

I think people are underestimating how young our team is, the average age of our outfield tonight was 17, Leicesters averages was 20. That's a big difference in experience, strength etc.
That's a fair argument. I would add that these players are said to be some of the brightest talents in their age group, if they can't impress against 20 year olds in another academy then can they impress in our team?

I would further add that Foden, Diaz and Sancho made the EDS look like a joke at 17 years old. I think the majority of players who become or get to close being some of the best players in the world dominate at a young age.

But we have some of the best talent in the world. Regardless of age, it should not be this bad. This suggests the coach is to blame.

That's a fair argument. I would add that these players are said to be some of the brightest talents in their age group, if they can't impress against 20 year olds in another academy then can they impress in our team?

I would further add that Foden, Diaz and Sancho made the EDS look like a joke at 17 years old. I think the majority of players who become or get to close being some of the best players in the world dominate at a young age.
Really? if the three you mentioned dominated so much how come we never won the FA trophy when they were playing against people their own age.
For someone so far away from the Academy you spout out as if you a fantastic in depth knowledge of the players.
You big up the players beyond their abilities, moan like fuck they don’t get games in the first team, then when they do this week you are negative about how they played, and never congratulate the club on all the trophies they win, regardless of the kids playing or not.

I have been watching the City youth teams for many years and tonight might just have been the most depressing game I can recall. Other games this season we have at times looked quite decent, scored some good goals and had some very good individual performances.

I did say at times as in many of those games we have been beaten ( Southampton at home being the worst) or just weakly surrendered leads. There has been a lack of team quality, a lack of leadership. Basically we have been quite poor and deserving of bottom place in the league but tonight was a new low. We really seem to have gone from a good side ( far from great) to a rubbish one and the players seem to be going backwards in their development.

Tonight we had Ben Knight playing center forward against basically bigger, stronger and more agressive defenders. Not necessarily anything wrong with him in a role he isnt used to for experience. But he was like a fish out of water. The team dont seem to know how to use him, the center half just ploughs straight through him as he tries to control a ball and we basically end up with nothing through the middle that can help us start attacks or even control a ball. I really liked Ben Knight when he came but he seems a lesser player now than a year or 18 months ago. Touazi the more natural center forward wouldnt have been any better!

Morgan Rogers when we got him from WBA was supposed to be a star of the future. I hope he will be but he needs to up his game bigtime and maybe needs a top coach who can actually tell him what to do with and without the ball as he just doesnt seem to know. He has quality but again looked better the first games I recall seeing him than he is now.

I cant make a case for any player showing improvement in his game and the team are definitely going backwards. Confidence will have plenty to do with that but I have to think the manager must take the blame. Tonight the team looked totally lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.