Southampton (H) | EFL Cup 4th Round | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need the fans for this one.

City are up against it with the injuries in the league.

Defence is relatively easy to pick but midfield and forward line is harder.

Is Fern suspended for this game? I think he is, but some have said it's the league game. I'm going with this game.

---------------Bravo
Walker-Stones-Garcia-Angelino
------------Gundog
-----KDB-------------Foden
-----Mahrez---Jesus--Sterling

Go all out for goals and then look to sub off: KDB, Sterling and maybe the Gundog.

We have to be up for this to make it work.

Wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 young players in the side apart from Foden but we need 3-4 top class players in to win the game.

I don't know what Southampton will do. They are in a relegation battle, but might see this as a perfect game to recover their pride and morale, or they might put out a weakened side, and put everything into the game at the weekend because they are in a relegation battle now.

Be strange if Southampton throw a lot of assets at the CC ahead of the league game. It's a strange situation but do they risk putting a weakened side out in the Cup and getting another whooping?
Pep will go relatively strong, he always does. I can't see beyond a decent win for us no matter what they put out, but I thought that against Norwich as well.

I think the Southampton players will be embarrassed about Friday and will have a point to prove in the coming matches. Makes it a bit more unpredictable but if we can get the early goal (yes, that old chestnut) then perhaps their heads go down as they think "oh, no - not again" and we have a more comfortable time of it. Conversely, if they get one then they may throw everything at it.

Need to get behind the team either way.

City to rotate and Soton to play for pride. 2-1 City. Foden will start, and i think Harwood-Bellis also

Tickets selling really fast:

£11.50 in Level 1: Almost gone
£16.50 in Level 2. 2,000 left?

I think they will have to open EL3 for this. Should get 35k for this. This will be City's hard-core support minus long-distance seasoncard holders (of which there are many!).

Would like to see Bravo, Walker, Harwood-Bellis, Garcia, Angelino, Foden and Mahrez start. Wouldn't risk De Bruyne or Gundogan.

Bravo
Walker Garcia Harwood-Bellis Angelino
Bernardo Doyle Foden
Mahrez Aguero Bernabe

Ederson Otamendi Cancelo Gundogan Bernardo Braaf Jesus

That would be my team.

Bravo
Walker Garcia Harwood-Bellis Angelino
Bernardo Doyle Foden
Mahrez Aguero Bernabe

Ederson Otamendi Cancelo Gundogan Bernardo Braaf Jesus

That would be my team.
Bernabe: good call.

Garcia and Harwood-Bellis is probably a good call given the team at PNE.

I know it might sound mad, but I think I'd play KDB. We need to get the game won rather than have a 90 min slog. Ideally get the game won and take key players off.

Really missing injured players now like Sane, Rodri, Laporte, Zinchenko.

Tickets selling really fast:

£11.50 in Level 1: Almost gone
£16.50 in Level 2. 2,000 left?

I think they will have to open EL3 for this. Should get 35k for this. This will be City's hard-core support minus long-distance seasoncard holders (of which there are many!).

we have had 50k before for half term games at low cost. Not sure why the demand isn’t there for this one. Are all top tiers shut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.