Martin Zero - local urban explorer

Anybody know what fish life is now supported in each of Mcr’s famous three rivers?

I believe they were all devoid of fish a few decades ago but know that is no longer the case. However, living outside the area now, I’d be interested to know.

Anybody know what fish life is now supported in each of Mcr’s famous three rivers?

I believe they were all devoid of fish a few decades ago but know that is no longer the case. However, living outside the area now, I’d be interested to know.
In one of those episodes they are in the Medlock around Philips Park and there is a big fish they spot and filmed. No idea what it was....

I can't understand how a mostly culverted brook of such a short distance got named the river Tib. It belies it's name.
Apparently there are 2 theories.... The main one being the homesick Romans named it after the Tiber, shortening the name as the stream (which is all it was / is) was clearly shorter than the Tiber!
The other theory is the word is Celtic for watercourse

giphy.gif

very healthy. I’m sure a few years back salmon and/or trout were spotted in Manchester City centre in the Irwell

There was a link to this bizarre video of Frank Sidebottom who seems to have gone to great lengths to find the end of the Tib..... Claims he did.... Be he really didnt, he really didnt....

Bumping this thread as an error has been corrected.

I have been watching more of Martin's videos and from this recent one, it seems Frank Sidebottom was right all along (you know he was, he really was).

What Martin originally thought was the confluence of the Tib was actually a storm drain. So here he goes back into the Medlock to track down the real end of the Tib - a bit underwhelming it was too compared with the drain he originally thought was the real thing.
If you want to cut out the waffle, forward to 9 mins

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.