Referee/Officials Thread 2019/20

;-)
The ref should mainly find his best position along the black line
and keep the play between himself and the linesman (AR1 or AR2):

soccerfield.jpg
I go back to my original post, just get out of the fucking way. By the way great research.

It's because the Linesman isn't on that side of the pitch so the referee always stays to the left of the attacking third. Annoying as fuck to see but that's the reason behind it as far as i'm aware @richardtheref may be able to confirm?
You are exactly right. The ref should be on the opposite side of the pitch to his assistant generally. However, there is nothing to stop them being 5 yards further back and not then be in the way. It is really poor to get caught up in play or be in the way. These guys are supposed to be the top of their profession and this should not happen more than once in a game. Mind you, I have noticed this happening in other games not involving City. Old school refs were always taught to stay 15 to 20m yards behind play in order to get a more open view of whats happening but these days Mike Riley has deemed 8 yards away to be the primary viewing position and hence more chance of being in the way.

PS. St Pauli's diagram is the basic pattern you are told to run but you do not have to strictly run those patterns which our current crop seem to be doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.