League Cup QF Draw - Oxford United (A)

Not Leicester away again.

Especially now.

A decent home tie to get into the semis.

I want Liverpool at home.

Both managers will rotate and our rotated side is much stronger than theirs. Could do with putting them out of a cup. Confidence, momentum, and all that.

Both managers will rotate and our rotated side is much stronger than theirs. Could do with putting them out of a cup. Confidence, momentum, and all that.

You’ve ot to be joking.

Kloop will go full strength.

He wants to beat City every time, win another trophy, and try and do the treble. Obviously he can’t do the quadruple. ;-)

When it get’s to the later stages of the cups, the 1st team players get picked.

You’ve ot to be joking.

Kloop will go full strength.

He wants to beat City every time, win another trophy, and try and do the treble. Obviously he can’t do the quadruple. ;-)

When it get’s to the later stages of the cups, the 1st team players get picked.
Decent chance Liverpool will get knocked out tonight. I think it's highly unlikely they will play a strong side in the League Cup. They do not have City's squd depth and injury to Salah, or Mane would be disastrous for them. We have injuries to key players, and can survive. They could not.

I'd rather play them in the semi-finals. A more straight-forward home draw v Colchester or Oxford would, presumably, help us into the next round and give some younger lads another chance to have a run-out. Should we draw them in the semi-finals, when a few of our players are reaching fitness (and potentially new signings), we can put the pressure on them. They'll be tired after the club world cup and Christmas fixture pile-up. Klopp wouldn't want to lose to us, so would go full strength. Even if they beat us, it would just add more congestion into the back end of their season, which I'm not sure their squad could cope with.

Remember last year, they only played in 2 competitions and if it wasn't for Barca's overcomplacency they would have lost both!

If Liverpool get through tonight, the Quarter Finals are the same midweek as Liverpool’s first game in the World Club Cup.

There would be a fixture clash and make December very busy for them.

I hope they draw Chelsea/United.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.