Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

The Times report that Parliament's sport sub-committee are recommending an investigation.

They are already aware but perhaps they need a reminder that the allegations are in the public domain, and it is their responsibility to ensure that the matter is investigated. If you do so, be circumspect. At this stage we only need remind them of the incident and seriousness of the allegations.

Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
Telephone: 020 7219 6188
Email: cmscom@parliament.uk

Anne Peacock - Senior Media and Communications Officer
Thanks for that, dude.

Question (without the intention of stirring), but do City have the right to pursue now, given the previous settlement? I would be somewhat concerned that city getting dragged into any mess, given this appears to have been settled privately by the clubs
I suppose no more right than in City's case FFP was first sorted, an agreement was made but after several years it is being revisited by uefa.
In other words perhaps our owners have discovered something about Pool that had not been known at the time of the agreement between the teams?

If Liverpool have hacked our scouting system. The £1million they have reputedly paid us is not enough. If they are/have been found guilty and signed any of them players, 100% any profit they will make or have made should be handed over to us. Plus if any of them have been through our junior /youth teams and go on to play for the Liverpool 1st team they then should be made to pay another £10 million to us, this for every player that goes on to play for their 1st team.

No wonder they always win the Net Spend Trophy they've nicked all our transfer targets , the cheating candlelighters

I suppose no more right than in City's case FFP was first sorted, an agreement was made but after several years it is being revisited by uefa.
In other words perhaps our owners have discovered something about Pool that had not been known at the time of the agreement between the teams?

FFP is a rule in a members club. Stealing data is a criminal offence.
Very different.

Have the BBC picked up on it yet?

I Googled BBC, Liverpool hack Manchester City scouting computer, or words to that effect, and only got BBC, City under investigation articles.

Unless I didn't word it right, Google isn’t showing any BBC articles about Liverpool hacking our computers.

Not that I’m surprised.

This was the headline from the Liverpool Echo in September.

Note: The reference according to the Times, and 6 years ago.

Let’s play it down, highlighted the source, and the time that has lapsed since the hacking.

iverpool 'paid Man City £1m settlement over scouting system hacking complaint' according to The Times
Liverpool have responded to claims made in Times report they paid Man City settlement over incident six years ago

As posted earlier by someone else in relation to martin samuels tabloid

Just imagine if the story was reversed and it was us that hacked the dippers....the pundits and press would be in total uproar

Really? It sounds like they've got a reply back from us and now want Liverpool to answer some questions. How anyone (even a paranoid conspiracy nut like yourself Marvin) manages to work out that the FA are going to (let alone ready to) charge anyone beggars belief.

If the boot were on t'other foot and we had nicked the Dippers scouting info then I suspect that the charge would already have been laid at the top of Joe Mercer Way some time ago!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.